• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ryno-paint

HASSON1911

I know carc paint is super durable and so is the behr. But i was wondering if anybody has just Ryno-lined all of the truck and then just spray painted over that with green. I know it would be expensive, but I'm thinking that it's next to impossible to chip or scratch down to bear metal with this Ryno-liner and if you do it right the paint should last just as long as the mechanical parts of the truck. My Brother did his truck bed over 8-years ago and it looks like he just did it last week. Just a thought if you think its stupid just say so, no feeling will get hurt. Anybody else got some input?

HASSON1911

Ya see, I was thinking it would be expensive but definitly pay off in the end due to the fact that you should never have to do any cosmetic work after you paint it with that stuff. Seano is this Line-X cheaper than Rhino and is it better? I do like the fact though you can have color AND spray it on.

HASSON1911

$1500, did you put it on or did you have a professional do it? I did send a qoute in to line-x. I just can't believe they don't have an army truck section on their website... oh well go figure.

dragonwagon

There is a myth busters where they tested bedliner for bomb proofing , that crap was very very impressive . Put it on wood walls and cement block and it kept C 4 from blowing them up .

dozer1

I was told by the line-x rep that lin-ex is a consistant thickness all over and rino goes on cold and runs just a tad. Makes it thinner on the vertical surfaces and it pools in the lowspots. Rino is softer and will prevent things from sliding better. This also makes it more susceptible to catching and tearing. Now as far as covering an MV with either one, that would be as expensive as it would be cool. Pulling # out of my *** I would say between 3-5K ?? no idea..It would make bolt removal a real pita tho.

seano11

Line-X comes in 50 gallon drums and has to be heated but is also HaS lifetime warranty so if it ever chips they will fix it. Up here in canada its only Line-x dealer that put this on kinda like a paint shop. They use a big spray gun.

HASSON1911

Hmm.... with all these options i think i would prefer the Lin-ex. Since, A. lifetime warranty how can you beat that! B. I'm pretty busy to do big jobs like that i more like the small mechanical job so having a dealer do it would be nice. C. $5,000 is a lot but I look at it as a selling point, not to many trucks you can hit with a hammer at full swing and not scratch or chip it! Now step one save $5,000 :shock:... I'll check back in after i sell 6 years of my life to the Navy.

rattlecan6104

you definately dont want to have to paint after you spray whatever surface you use. I applied nonskid to my steps and painted them. The paint is wearing off pretty quick. Unfortunately so is the nonskid... Sticks to jets just fine :-?

CobraCDR

I have had the line-x on a truck bed and it held up great! This is one of the projects I'm considering for my deuce. At a minimum, I was wanting to do the bed, that metal is way to slippery when wet or icy up in my part of the ocuntry.

HASSON1911

Cobra i know how you feel I'm really considering it, except for the whole Ka-ching part. But the way this winter is look o won't need it till next winter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks