• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-250 - m101a1

sxemike

GL has a few S-250 shelters. I know it's been done before but I might want to get one to drop in my M101. I know I'll have to cut the wheel wells a couple of inches but is there anything else to make it fit?

Also, GL says it will load a flat bed. Do yall think they'll drop it in the M101 or should I take a car trailer?

Last edited:

K9Vic

I know I have heard that if you can drop the S250 into a M101A2 it will fit, but you cannot slide it in. As for the M101A1 I would think that would be the same, but off hand I do not know if the beds are the same between A1 & A2.

If GL can lift it in the air and drop it down inside your trailer you should be fine. But you want to make 100% sure that is what they can do. Likely it is a fork lift and would be slide it on a flatbed.

rbeasley66

My first one I loaded into my utility trailer, the second one I put it in the bed of my pickup truck. Guess it depends on how far you need to travel.

They fit very well in a M105, with the tailgate down they'll fit in the M1101/1102 trailer.

The inside of mine with AC, a full size air bed and refrigerator.

Attachments

sxemike

Good news....GL said they would help load it into a pickup. Now if I get it, I don't even need to bring a trailer. :mrgreen:

AND if the GL box fall through, I found one on craigslist...

sxemike

I ended up getting my s-250 from jcappeljr.

John dropped it right in the bed of my truck. I have a short bed F250 superduty. If it had another 2 inches, I could have shut the tailgate.(after I took the extra crap off the door)

I didn't take any before pictures. but here's the first in-progress picture.

The bed is just some plywood and 2x3s. I'm using a memory foam topper for the mattress.(fullsize) It should be pretty comfortable.

There are already a few things that I'm going to need to change later. I'm kind of rushing to get it done so I can take it on a trip Saturday. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to fix the trailer so it will fit. Then I can load it Friday morning.

Attachments

135gmc

Hauling it in a pickup is the most painless way to move one. Remember to bring ratchet straps to tie it down - I used 2" straps when I picked mine up

sxemike

I got it loaded. I used some ramps and a atv winch and pull it on. I didn't get it lined up before I started up the ramps. It ended up taking me a out an hour to get it loaded. With a second set of hands I think I could have done it in 15 mins.

I had to cut 2 1/2 inches out of each wheel well. That gave me an extra inch to work with.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks