• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-280 hatch & Demo ideas plus need TM

Guyfang

Staff member
That was one of the reasons we always put a 2-3 inch thick sub floor in them. If you had to set in one for 4-6 hours when its very cold, and the darn portable heater went south, it brings new meaning to COLD.

fpchief

That was one of the reasons we always put a 2-3 inch thick sub floor in them. If you had to set in one for 4-6 hours when its very cold, and the darn portable heater went south, it brings new meaning to COLD.
I was only in one while in the guard and the coldest I saw it in those two years was maybe 25 degrees in Korea but was short lived.

Never in one again after going in the Corps...thankfully. I dont like being closed in for long periods!

fpchief

I changed title to the thread. Need some help with more than just insulation

I got it pulled under the shed so I can get to work. First observation is this will be easy to re-install an A/C, I like the installed plenum.

I want to take off the protective entry and the inside inner door but want something that can breath, but still be secure. Does the non shielded shelters have a vent in the door that is the same size as my inner door??

Attachments

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I think I understand what your asking.
Thats a cool configuration..how much does that shelter weigh

20190728_195930a.jpg

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
On the data plate is the operators TM listed. Maybe we can get that TM and then see if there is another version of the van, without the large door.

FloridaAKM

Excellent news. Did you put anything in there or leave a void?
I left mine as purchased other than putting a roof over the one on the ground as water was getting into it via the HVAC portal. This is Florida after all, mostly hot all the time except a few cold days thrown in for good measure.

Still looking @ a third unit because I am stubborn.

fpchief

I left mine as purchased other than putting a roof over the one on the ground as water was getting into it via the HVAC portal. This is Florida after all, mostly hot all the time except a few cold days thrown in for good measure.

Still looking @ a third unit because I am stubborn.
Good luck on getting another one at a decent price. Got this one for $600...only bidder. Last week a tobyhana shelter went for over $4k. Just dont get it....

fpchief

On the data plate is the operators TM listed. Maybe we can get that TM and then see if there is another version of the van, without the large door.
I will. At least I can get some dimensions to possibly fab something. I do believe the ones with the door vent are a complete different opening.

FloridaAKM

Hot Darn, I finally got one for a good price in the shape I wanted. It is a Gichner S-280 complete inside, missing the A/C unit as they all are. Now if James has gotten over his trip to Virginia, I might have a great way to get this shop home to Florida. They ranged from $600.00 stripped completely for the last one, to $4050.00 for the one with a HVAC port plug in it. That seems to be an expensive plug to me.

fpchief

Hot Darn, I finally got one for a good price in the shape I wanted. It is a Gichner S-280 complete inside, missing the A/C unit as they all are. Now if James has gotten over his trip to Virginia, I might have a great way to get this shop home to Florida. They ranged from $600.00 stripped completely for the last one, to $4050.00 for the one with a HVAC port plug in it. That seems to be an expensive plug to me.
That plug, specific to that one type of A/c?

FloridaAKM

My terminology screw up, wall cover for the removed HVAC unit. Some came with them & most came without; not the electrical power plug which is there. I have spare military HVAC units.

fpchief

Looking for a TM....the S280 TM does not have what I need. Going to re-use what wiring I can and need some schematics. Does anyone know where one may be at?

The TM is TM 11-6625-3178-14 I think. Not seeing it here or liberated manuals. It is listed on Army Pub however not seeing a download.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks