• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-280 hatch & Demo ideas plus need TM

fpchief

May be hard to find. Distribution code "D", DOD AND DOD CONTRACTORS ONLY
Figures! Here is my next issue. If course all the bulbs are missing. The TM for the shelter itself has no mention of much anything Internal. I really want to re-use existing fixtures since they are perfect. Trying to source the bulbs.

The fluorescent bulbs are 23" and with prongs they are about 23.5"

The cold start bulbs are a very short and the base looks like it would be the same as a normal light bulb

The blackout lights are a push turn...

Looking for all three bulbs so I can fill all the holes. I have seen them all before in shelters and of course gave them no mind.

I am sure they are most likely used in other shelters just have to do more research.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, we need to think outside the box here. What other shelters can we think of, that have TM's we can reach out and grab? Maybe the lights are the same. Like maybe the SATS, Standard Automotive Tool Set? I seem to remember someone in the forum having one.

There is a guy in the forum. Force113, who uploaded the TM 9-4910-783-13&P for the SATS in the forum, in 2014? I just tried to up load it here, and its to big. So find his thread, and see if you can down load it, and maybe send him a PM. Ask if he has one, and if so, take some pictures of the light sockets. See if them match up.

Last edited:

fpchief

My S280 has the AN-TSM 191 package Inside. Going to leave the counter on the right as I walk in but want to remove everything on the left. Already stripped all wiring out of the rack and it is time to start to demo it. I really cant find a way to actually take it apart. Pretty sure it is installed as a unit. I have tried cutting on it with a sawzall and that is not going to be the answer either. The aluminum is a really high grade it seems. Any ideas on how to get it cut down and out of there??

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have access to a plasma cutter? We have had good luck using one to cut aluminum. Oxy/acetelene torches don't seem to work well.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use one Thread for your S-280 questions and progress.
You had three threads started for same item.
If looking for parts, use the Parts Wanted section.

fpchief

Do you have access to a plasma cutter? We have had good luck using one to cut aluminum. Oxy/acetelene torches don't seem to work well.
I am going to attempt some fab work for the HMMWV, and I may be able to use to for some fab work on the deuce to so I am gonna go ahead and spring for a plasma cutter. I think you had a great idea and I will be trying it out! Not sure I I even knew I could cut aluminum with one.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Figures! Here is my next issue. If course all the bulbs are missing. The TM for the shelter itself has no mention of much anything Internal. I really want to re-use existing fixtures since they are perfect. Trying to source the bulbs.

The fluorescent bulbs are 23" and with prongs they are about 23.5"

The cold start bulbs are a very short and the base looks like it would be the same as a normal light bulb

The blackout lights are a push turn...

Looking for all three bulbs so I can fill all the holes. I have seen them all before in shelters and of course gave them no mind.

I am sure they are most likely used in other shelters just have to do more research.

I am pretty sure I have NOS boxes of those small push/turn type bulbs........ PM me.........

Z

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks