• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-280 repair

kipman

I have come across 3 S-280 shelters, all three need minor body work, the aluminum skin has dents, I was thinking of using bondo, but it would be slow going, any other Ideas?

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Take some aluminum off my shelter thing at your place and rivet it on. I have rivets if you don't. I have seam sealer too.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What gimpy said. Most S-280 shelters have had many ports and holes drilled in them over the years for running all sorts of cabling, ductwork, etc. through the side wall. If you cut a nice square piece of aluminum from another junker shelter, and nicely rivet it on, noone will be the wiser.

gunboy1656

We had a camo pole go through the side of one of our shelters, and all they did for a fix was put some silicone in it and left it that way. They never even painted over it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine has scratches and dents. The good thing about a long haired roller is that it fills them in and covers everything nicely.

I used the fibered silver roof paint on top, about 1.5 gallons worth to take care of any water problems.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
For Sale Ads and/or Want Ads are NOT allowed to be posted in the forums. Please use the Classified Ads!

466Navastar

depending on how much $$$ you can spend - the above options are simple and cheap......if you want a nice option that costs some money - contact an industrial fiberglass company....here in Buffalo,ny we have a company that fabricates industrial fiberglass ducts , fiberglass tanks and lines old metal and brick tanks with plywood and coats with multi layers of fiberglass mesh/resin......comes out smooth...can be further coated with gel coat and look just like a fiberglass boat....

with that said - you could have the outside covered with plywood or Luan and covered with fiberglass.....it can even be colored so you dont have to paint....this would cover ALL the sins of the past

kipman

None leak, it is all cosmetic, I will fix the forklift hole in three of the shelters. I may install a window A/C unit in one of them and market it to the sweet corn sellers around here as a walk in cooler.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks