• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-280 shelter power connection

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to hook my shelter up to generator and shore power. I know it's currently wired to 208 3ph but I'm going to rewire it for 120v 1ph. I'd like to use the existing plug though as not to have to punch another hole in the shelter.

The question is, where does somebody go about finding one of these plugs?

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to hook my shelter up to generator and shore power. I know it's currently wired to 208 3ph but I'm going to rewire it for 120v 1ph. I'd like to use the existing plug though as not to have to punch another hole in the shelter.

The question is, where does somebody go about finding one of these plugs?
I know someone who has cable on a reel with that type of plug on it. He was going to throw it out till I told him someone would probably purchase it at the GA Rally. He drove one of my trucks to the rally last year and wants to come again this year.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been searching the web for one of these connectors but I'm not really getting anywhere.

The one in the pic is the power in port and has a brand name of "Wire Pro" but no part number that I can find.

The power out port has "Bendix 32-12" on it.

I've found several connectors that look like they may work but nothing for sure. Excuse my ignorance because this is the first shelter I've dealt with but is there not some sort of military standard for shelter power connections? You'd think they would all be the same to keep from having to have a truck load of adapters to connect whatever shelter plug you come across when trying to hook them up.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think that you could remove the existing connector from the panel and
replace it with whatever you want. I am sure you have considered this but ran into
some difficulty in doing it. Just curios as to what you ran up against.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I've considered just replacing the plug and that looks like what I'll likely do.

I just assumed that all shelter plugs would be the same but evidently that's not the case.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you are switching to 120v you probably want to rethink your connector power
arrangement anyway. ie: less contacts but higher ampacity..

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll just be running about 20 amps max.

I'm planning on feeding it with one of those Honda inverter generators, due to the size and quietness. I've got a 003 but that's way overkill for my needs and the thing sounds like a freight train when running.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the gen has remote starting, etc. and depending on your layout,
you might consider choosing the connector so that it includes the
wires for remote, so it's all in one cable. I figure you know this, but it;s easy to get
distracted by a million other details of the project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks