• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-788 in M101A3?

erasedhammer

Has anyone ever mounted a s-788 shelter in a m101a3 trailer? I know the s-250 ones fit, but I am looking for a little more space, and I found a website that is selling new s-788 for cheaper than the s-250. Plus the s-788 seems to weigh less (manufacturer website says s-250 weighs excess of 800lbs, versus s-788 weighs around 600).If it doesn't fit that trailer with modification, are there trailers that can fit it? I am not interested in mounting it my humvee.

guns1977

I shaved the fender bracing on the inside of the bed, to keep the fenders, then cabled it down. It can be removed if I ever wanted to do so.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I own both types of shelter. An S-788 is quite a bit larger physically than an S-250. If I recall the numbers correctly, the S-250 is 49" side to side across the narrowest part of the base, the S-788 is in excess of 50". I'll go throw a tape on mine and get that exact measurement "between the wheel wells".

S-250 is 79" across the front, S-788 is 84". Length is 86.6" vs 103", height is around 70" for both.

A stripped out S-788 will perhaps weigh 600+ pounds (manual says 643# for the one with the tunnel), but that is going to go up quickly with any interior fit. Mine with the generator, some shelving, work surfaces, and a/c bustle up front, weighs in close to 1800#. That's with no equipment on any of the shelves, or any other gear inside, and no a/c units.

Cheers

PS - between the wheel wells the S-788 measures right at 52"

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks