• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S.E. Michigan WWII & Veterans weekend 09 pics

Rattlehead

Finally got the pics off my camera to post. This was held at Veteran's Memorial Park in St. Clair Shores, MI. Lots of vehicles, vendors, reenactors. The best part was the LVT and Higgins boat used in the reenactments, plus the owner of the LVT was giving rides in Lake St. Clair! I loved the sound of that 7 cylinder radial engine!

This LVT was one of the ones used in the movie Flags of Our Fathers, filmed in Iceland. The owner spent 7 weeks there for the filming, but the actual footage of them in the movie is very short.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks