• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S1 Switch Function (Auto Start) 003a

ckesey

I would attach it to the cylinder head. You could also just go off of timing, for example 30 sec preheat, if it fails to start go for a longer preheat.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Most of the temp sensors (metal) I have found go up to ~250f which I'm guessing would be high enough but I worry a little about the wire that goes to the sensor...if I can get it out of the way or wrap it it something to protect it from the higher temperatures.

Scoobyshep

Most of the temp sensors (metal) I have found go up to ~250f which I'm guessing would be high enough but I worry a little about the wire that goes to the sensor...if I can get it out of the way or wrap it it something to protect it from the higher temperatures.
Back in the day, I used to race stockcars and gokarts, on the karts we had a head temperature sensor that was held in place by the spark plug, you could use one of these sensors under a glow plug(end of the day its a simple thermocouple) . They used to sell the sensors separately from the tach module (google digitron tach).

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agree that head temp is the better place to monitor. You can find thermocouples that are shaped to go under bolt heads. Very common in aviation. You'll need a bit more circuitry to read a thermocouple but your autostart will work better. The 003s start well when they are adequately preheated. They don't start at all if they aren't.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks