• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S250 shelter + M105 trailer

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Does anyone know if the S250 will fit into a M105 trailer with out doing a mod to either one?

I have to pick up the shelter I won last Thursday Monday morning and I can't leave it on the gooseneck. I have an orphan M105 that would be a good place to store it (I don't want to set it on the ground).

The shelter is in the classifieds......if it fits in the M105 I would consider selling them as a pair.

Attachments

armytruck63

I agree that it will fit. I once sold an S250 shelter to a guy real cheap on the condtion that he also take the ratty M105 trailer it was sitting in.

Srjeeper

The S250 fits in all 105's, but will only fit the 101A3 with out wheel well modifications first being done.

In my opinion it's better suited to the 105 as it's pushing the limits of the 101's suspension once fully outfitted...2cents

KsM715

There are some posts on here stating that a S-250 will fit in an un-modified 101. It has to be lifted up and set it, not slid in. I personally have not confirmed this as I do not have a wrecker to lift mine that high.

If you're just using the trailer to go get the shelter take a 105. But if you have a wrecker near by when you get home I sure would like to find out if it will drop in a 101 without cutting the fenderwells

Edit: this is the thread Im refering to. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/73834-fitments-shelters-my-trailer.html

Last edited:

rbeasley66

I think you came by and looked at mine set up that way at the 2010 Georgia Rally that I brought up to sleep in. I know, a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then fat lady sings

Holub9097

What about an s250 on an m353? I was thinking about making an off-road camper trailer for off road events and I like how low the 353 is to the ground.

FloridaAKM

I believe that there is not enough space in between the wheel wells for the M353 trailer to hold the S-250 as the braces that support the wheel fenders are in the way. I was looking to mount a S-788-G & it was too wide for the M-353, the M-1102 & the M-105a2. The M-1102 was too short in length & had the rear end blocking the shelter from fitting.

I will have to revisit the M-105a2 as a donor trailer since I can't remember one of the dimensions.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They haul perfect on a uhaul car trailer with straw bales in the wheel tracks...for recovery....like if you sold it without a trailer. A regular PU can pull one long distance.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What if you chop out the braces and screw the wheel wells to the bottom of the shelter?
If he sold it without the trailer, the purchaser, like a guy with a hummer...would want it unmolested.

FloridaAKM

The braces are welded to the upper wheel wells & the lower is bolted in. I would measure the distance before chopping the trailer up, so I am not sure if your S-250 will fit that trailer.

FloridaAKM

The S-788/G is 102" in length & 84" wide. It had wheel wells built into it so that it fits a Humvee, I will still have to go measure the M-353 to see what the actual distance is between the rain showers.

Update: I measured the distance between wheel wells & it is 66" measuring over the I-beams. The S-788/G will not fit @ all due to this.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks