• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sad Day for Me (Last Truck Sold)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my first Deuce from GL and did a recovery to TN I think in 2008.

Started right up and I drove her in the pouring rain 350 miles home. Tickled to death to have one.

Until last night that was the last time it was on the road. I used it around the farm but never took it out. Had wheel cylinder go out that Gimpy fixed for me and then finally the air pack went out (or MC, don't know which) and I collected all the parts to fix it and decided to sell it as is. It was a good deal IMO and came with lots of NOS parts and a rebuild kit for the air pack. Just to clean out the barn more I even threw in my pretty M105 trailer w/cover.

She flashed me one last time and finally the new owner with a tow truck prepped and took her away. I had another Deuce and an M813 but this was my first and as it turns out my last.

Yep sad.

Resized_20220408_165217.jpegResized_20220408_212456.jpeg

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve,

Let there be some solace in knowing that your truck is getting a good new home. It is going to a father and son team who have just bought their first "army truck". They are excited to get get busy bringing it back to its former glory. You weren't using the truck anymore and you are passing the torch to the next two generations!

dmetalmiki

Started right up and I drove her in the pouring rain 350 miles home. Tickled to death to have one.

Until last night that was the last time it was on the road. I used it around the farm but never took it out. Had wheel cylinder go out that Gimpy fixed for me and then finally the air pack went out (or MC, don't know which) and I collected all the parts to fix it and decided to sell it as is. It was a good deal IMO and came with lots of NOS parts and a rebuild kit for the air pack. Just to clean out the barn more I even threw in my pretty M105 trailer w/cover.

She flashed me one last time and finally the new owner with a tow truck prepped and took her away. I had another Deuce and an M813 but this was my first and as it turns out my last.

Yep sad.

View attachment 864279View attachment 864280
I can't click 'like'..Co's I don't like to see a 'companion' lose a truck..Sighhhh

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Yep sad.

View attachment 864279View attachment 864280
Shoot, I never realized you were that close, I'm in Delaware county. If I ever get over that way with my deuce for a show or whatever, you're always welcome to co-pilot. Maybe I got to meet you a few years ago in Enon at a get together?? The one where there were slides of the Alcon highway convoy??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks