• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sad News (for me, maybe good for someone else)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaivenov

With the way things are going, and where I want to be in the future, I've come to the sad determination that I need to part with my beloved hunk of tan steel. So the question now is what would a reasonable asking price be? If there's someone in the Denver metro area of Colorado who does professional appraisals I'd be very happy if someone could point them out to me.

All that aside, here's the technical specs...

1976 AMG M35A2C
LDT-465-1D
Arctic weather ether injector
11.00x20 NDCC's, singled up in the back (but haven't had the chance to flip hubs yet, so still easily switched back to duals), with the extra four hubs in storage.
VRC-64 radio suite with a VIC-1 vehicle intercom unit with four headsets/stations.

Broken stuff: Mechanical speedo, right windshield cracked, front oil filter canister drools in cold weather, misc. dents and dings, and the paint is old.

Recent work done: Flushed and bled the brake lines after needing to tighten up a loose fitting, fluid is milsurp silicone. Replaced high pressure oil filter light with new armored hose after it sprang a leak post-filter and oil change. Minor improvements such as replacement windshield wiper arms. Installed the radio suite. In process of finishing installation of intercom system and replacing batteries.

Comes with: pile of various parts - new fan belts, bearing repack and seal kits for all axles, replacement clutch plate, gallon and a half of silicone brake fluid, etc., cargo box, and one 8-inch coil spring futon in the back (screw sleeping on the ground when camping!). ETA: Oh, and the cab rear wall reinforcement plate.

Registered in Colorado as a collector's vehicle with clear title.

front.jpg
side.jpg

*sigh* She was a fun beast, sorry to see her go. Maybe she can make someone else very happy for a time now.

Last edited:

Yaivenov

53,000mi 2,200 hours.

Was trying to get a good gauge of value before putting it up in the classifieds and what not.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looking at the classifieds, local craigslist listings, ebay, and GL auctions should give you a good idea of pricing. There's a wealth of info to be found on the site here just browsing the classifieds to get a feel for things.

Status
Not open for further replies.