• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SAE J1321 testing using M1083A1 FMTVS

rigsales

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm new to the FMTV family and drove my 1997 M1088 home from Kentucky last week. It had a broken rear/rear driveline so I have been very cautious and also checking temps at every stop with a temperature gun. At Highway speeds yesterday in 94 degree temperature my intermediate axle was around 210-220 degrees while the front and rear were around 150 degrees. This concerned me but after finding these test results I guess I'm running normal.

i found this test very interesting and wanted to share it with my new FMTV family because it studied different oils in engine, trans, and axles, and how they effected fuel consumption.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a528430.pdf

anyway, made it to Fort Riley last night and picking up a M447C van trailer this morning, more adventures in my surpluss buying addiction.