• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Safety Wire Hub to Drum Bolts

rustystud

I flipped the hubs on an airforce M35A2 not so long ago. They were wired.
Hey I used wire for years. If the bolt heads had the holes, they got wire. The new stuff from the factory does not have wire anymore. Well on a few things they still use wire, but it is very rare to see them anymore. The fact is good old Loctite will hold just fine. The red Loctite will come off without heat also. That is an old wives tale. Put your impact on it and they will come right off. The red just holds much better then the others. So for bolts that will not be coming off on a regular basis and are under stress use the red.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like mechanical solutions, they demonstrate a certain genius of the designers. Another solution is the "place bolt", which is used in some critical applications on my 757. Clean surfaces and proper torque are important factors.
ms35764-669 place bolt (1).jpgms35764-669 place bolt (2).jpgms35764-669 place bolt (3).jpgms35764-669 place bolt (4).jpg

rustystud

I like mechanical solutions, they demonstrate a certain genius of the designers. Another solution is the "place bolt", which is used in some critical applications on my 757. Clean surfaces and proper torque are important factors.
View attachment 723410View attachment 723411View attachment 723412View attachment 723413

I also love "mechanical" solutions. That is why I really love "NORD" locks .

NORD-Locks.jpg I've bought almost every size available from my "Tacoma Screw" store. Yes they are pricey, but man can they "HOLD" !!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks