• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salt Lake City UT to Back East

m38inmaine

Looking for help getting 6 Gama Goat tires from SLC Utah to Back East, destination is Maine. I would be happy just to get them to MA area. They are 40"x12" and weigh about 85lbs each. SS express or if you are a shipper I would be interested and I am not in a hurry, if it takes a month or two that's fine. Thanks.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello, I'm about 20 miles north of Salt Lake City, UT. Unfortunately, there is little in the way of Steel Soldier's express out this way. Unless someone has a trip planned from the Salt Lake area to Phoenix, AZ area where Castel Bravo and 98G are. 98G seems to travel east often enough (at least Oklahoma), but I don't know anyone making that trip at this time.

I have a pallet at my disposal that I could ratchet strap the tires to and a friend who lets me ship/receive at his commercial business that can load via forklift. I could also take it to Fastenal. But then again, both of these options the seller of the tires could/should do too.

Just FYI: I had Rounder's Logistics estimate moving a ~200 lb pallet for me via LTL from North Carolina to Kaysville, UT (~2100 miles) and it was estimated at over $600. Fastenal was able to do it via their store-to-store shipping for $225.

Last edited:

m38inmaine

Thank you for the reply, I did receive a quote from Fastenal for $225 to get them to my nearest store in Bangor ME. So far this is the best deal and from what I see a very good price. The seller has no bander but Fastenal said as you did a ratchet strap would be fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks