• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salute to No. American Aircraft at the Western Museum of Flight, Torrance, CA

russcal

Hello, all!

I'd like to request the support of a few MV owners for an upcoming event at the Western Museum of Flight in Torrance, California (app. 15miles SW of LAX).

On Saturday, 9 October 2010, we will be hosting a Salute to North American Aviation. Our Grand Marshall will be famed pilot Mr. Bob Hoover. We are planning on hosting between 10 and 20 NAA warbirds including P-51, B-25, T-6, T-28, OV-10, F-86, and Navion aircraft.

Western Museum of Flight - Aviation Museum

I have been tasked with rustling up some period (1939 - 1969) classic cars to park and display with the warbirds.I have access to a good number of civilian vehicles, but would like NAA biggest customer, the military, also represented.

To this end, I am looking for 4 vehicles: a WWII MB / GPW 1/4 ton, a Korean War era M38A1, and a Vietnam War era M151. I'd also like something other than a jeep, maybe a WC series or M37 series vehicle, even up to a 1 1/2ton truck. I'd prefer clean and fairly stock vehicles, as they will be appearing with restored warbirds and 100 point show cars.

In return, I can offer you a great day of meeting aviation greats and some of the men and women that supported them.

Please reply to this post or by private message and I will be contacting you!

Thanx for reading!

Russ Mularz

[thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:

maynard83

I won't have a vehicle for the period you are looking for but I will certainly put the date on my calendar.
Best of luck to you and I hope to see you there.

russcal

Heya, Maynard83!

Thanx for the offer... depending on the feedback we get from this event, we may do more events with military vehicles. Much as I love old aircraft, I definately have more than a little "treadhead" in me!

I'll be out on the ramp all day, amongst all the wings and wheels!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

1953 XM152

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well...we at CAMO have what ya need...but it's on the wrong coast!!! If we left tomorrow....we might make it in time.

I betcha someone on the left coast will help ya out!!:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks