• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salvage Yard Field Piece

FrankUSMC

M816Buch
I got to learn to type faster!
Same gun, different owners. As M816Buch pointed out, they went though a wheel up grade for WWII.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He says he just moved the gun for the VFW, he says it must weigh 20,000 lbs. He says it has been in storage for years and they may want to sell it? I am going by to see him tomorrow, if I can catch him there!

jamesfrom180

:ditto:yup if its uncut or not permanently modified to muzzle loading and BATF approved don't buy it. Also I think its probably Uncle's and loaned to the VFW so they can't sell it. Good luck.

jimmcld

They could loan it to us!

Vietnam Veterans of America
Chapter 920
Denton, Texas

Maybe not the right war, but a field piece is a field piece is a field piece.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would behoove you to remind the gentleman that if it's on his property, and not the VFW's, some would consider that to be possession of stolen property. For anyone who has the contact number, it might be a good thing, to save the field piece from rotting away in his field, to contact the Dept. of the Army office that is responsible for checking in with American Legion and VFW posts regarding their "post guards". I can't remember which office it is, but they make sure their loaners are taken care of and are properly displayed - OR they get taken back and given to someone who will.

LanceRobson

Gee, Mike, you're spoiling my daydream. Nancy wants a cannon for the front lawn. Everything she likes is out of our price range. I'd haul that home in a heartbeat. It'd be one heck of a road trip in my M813A1....

Lance

Edit: Those look like mounted NDT or NDCC tires in the foreground. They might have some other orphaned GI iron around.....

Last edited:

gunboy1656

I don't know but that thing has been sitting there a long time. I would bet the govt would not like knowing their stuff is not where they placed it.

Finding tires would not take very long at all, and with this bunch on here, I bet it would take a few seconds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks