• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Same Filter?? 813 & 925

wehring

Changing the fuel filter on my M925 (855 Cummins). I have the NAPA number (3401) for the 800 series (855 Cummins) fuel filter.

Do both of these trucks take the same filter??

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

emr

actually in some cases yes, there is a single and a double filter set up available, my memory fails me but I think the 939 had a retrofit to have the 2 filters because they were better ... but started out with s a single filter but not all or even close had it done, they were sent out but hardly any got put on i was told, I have em in stock.. I am having a headach remembering whats what, but it is possible ...so after reading your post again if you have the single filter it is also the same single filter for the 800, i call em 800's too, funny but i call the 939 s 939s oh well its in my brain iguess...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Justin, I believe the M939A0 and M939A1 (the two models with the NHC250) use the same fuel filter as the M809 series. I think that Randy is referring to the M939A2 that uses a little inline filter and a slightly larger water seperater filter. Many of those trucks were retrofitted with the larger M809/M939A0/M939A1 filter cannister that mounts under the fender because the small filters clog up quickly. Perhaps, I misunderstood Randy, though...or maybe he knows about something I never heard of (wouldn't be the first time...that's how we all learn!).

emr

I will see the first sgt. this sunday and ask him to clarify what he told me about the set ups I have, sometimes I get all fuzzy in my mind, I think Bruce may be correct...