• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sanding the bumper reveals dates?

RGS20inophir

Well, I decided to do a little sanding to find some unit numbers on the deuce today. I am relatively sure that the last unit painted on it is the 111 MEB which would be logical for a NM truck as it the 111 MEB is in Rio Rancho, NM. However, as the sanding continued a mystery developed... a date came out of the woodworks of 2/3/2007 3-200 on the curbside and B B-03 on the streetside. Does DRMO stencil receive dates on the bumpers? The same numbers were on the bumperettes. I think this is just under the 111 MEB and just before the original number space. Thoughts?

Attachments

Westech

CPL
There not dates... THats not even how the military state the date..... Military way is :
18-June-2011 not 6/18/2011 what you have there is a unit marking of some kind NOT the date.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The triangle usually denotes being assigned to an armor unit (the armor divisions had triangles as patches, so that's the easy way to remember). I'm thinking 2nd Armor Division, 3rd Brigade. The 200 I'm not sure, I can't find info on that.

The other side is Company B, truck #3.

RGS20inophir

I think you guys have motivated me to go out there and sand a little more. Surprisingly I have yet to go through a single patch of sandpaper. God how I love my black-n-decker mouse. I started the reveal this morning using a razorblade. That got old REALLY quick.

RGS20inophir

The more I sanded... the more that 2 started to look like either a B or a D. Thoughts? Oh, and I snapped a couple pictures of the truck without the cage on the back / all of the bits of the box. Interestingly enough, every piece of the cage has what appears to be a part number on it stenciled in yellow paint. Also attached is a photo of what I think is a tag with my serial number. Has anyone else seen one of these over the axle on the drivers side?

Attachments

combat32

Bravo, 3rd of the 200th, hmmm must be National Guard or reserve to have numbers that high, don't think that is a triangle on the end, pretty sure we didn't make it up to the 200th Armor regiment in WWII.

Keep sanding[thumbzup]

combat32

Well I did a little searching and the are some armor regiment in the 200's like 212th 231st and so on but no 200th Armor Regiment

BTW, I was in the Army for 21 years and I have seen some bumper numbers that I could not tell what unit they were, I'm sure it made sense to someone.

Last edited:

RGS20inophir

A little googling yielded 3-200th Air Defense Artillery, Battery B in Farmington. I wonder why CARNAC couldn't find any info on this truck since it seems to have lived it's life in the NM Army National Guard

hdmax

If it is a B, it may be Bravo Company, and a D would indicate Delta Company.

The more I sanded... the more that 2 started to look like either a B or a D. Thoughts? Oh, and I snapped a couple pictures of the truck without the cage on the back / all of the bits of the box. Interestingly enough, every piece of the cage has what appears to be a part number on it stenciled in yellow paint. Also attached is a photo of what I think is a tag with my serial number. Has anyone else seen one of these over the axle on the drivers side?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Guess I was a little late seeing it. Yep, B Company 3d battalion 200th ADA.

Do the data plate and frame number match?

RGS20inophir

I have scraped most of the frame forward of the axle on both sides and have yet to find a number stamped on the frame. The round tag and the serial stamped on the data plate differ by a single number, 052524492 is shown on the tag, 052534492 is shown on the data plate.:?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I rechecked the database and I have all the numbers around that serial number but that one was never entered. Just a case of someone didn't do their job.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Again, no need to sand anymore. Someone failed to enter you truck into the database. It just plain outright isn't in the database. It's not that it was used for some secret purpose, it's just a case of someone fell asleep at the keyboard (or based on recent events--control tower). As for the tag, it sure looks like a rebuild tag to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks