• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Santa dropped by today!

WARWAG

Here are the pics.

Attachments

WARWAG

2 block heaters for the engine. One on each side. We get down to -40 without windchill.

The two battery warmers to keep my batteries warm. At 32 degrees your batteries have only 40% of there power not sure what it equates to at -40?

Oil pan heaters to keep my engine oil warm, transmission fluid warm and my fuel tank/diesel warm. at -40 im not sure what the windchill would be with the winds hitting 85 mph? Yah it gets cold here.

Last edited:

KsM715

Wind chill doesnt affect mechanical things.

Once warmed up it will cool it off faster but a cold engine block at -40 without wind will still be -40 with a 20mph breeze.

KsM715

It was 2 below Thanksgiving morning at my parents house in South Dakota. Thats cold enough for me. I didnt even leave the house that day muchless try to start a truck.

1984M1009

Are you actually in reno? because the lowest recorded temperature there was -19 in 1890
-40 is **** cold I had a friend who lived in lake tahoe and it doesn't get that cold there

WARWAG

No I moved from Reno years ago but didnt change my location on SS. I live up in the mountains above Ely, NV. Ely is at 6,000 feet. Im higher and its colder. Usually we see -20s but occassionaly -30s and -40s. Thats not including windchill factor. Either way its to ****ed cold to try and start a vehicle thats been outside all night in that weather! I wont use the battery warmers unless it drops below 32 degrees. I will use eveything else though if its a cold night. I will also be wrapping may batteries in an insulating blanket and have the warmers undernieth to warm the entire battery. I think I have all the bases covered.

taildragger03

He is in Ely on the eastern side of the state. Tahoe made it to -8 in places a week ago.

Fact: The lowest temperature ever recorded in Nevada was -50 degrees? This plunge in the mercury occurred on January 8, 1937 at the site of San Jacinto near Jackpot.

Jackpot (on the Idaho border) is North of Ely about 3 hours. Mountains channel the cold wind south. Ely averages 200+ days below 32 degrees

I live at 8000'. We have already had -15 temps and over 100" of snow this year. I'm glad my CUCV is plugged in. Like I have posted before, the freeze plug heater and the lower radiator hose heater are doing a great job. Today I'll actually be able to unlock the hubs. It's balmy.

K9Vic

Ive also been hording this Warn jumper cable set for awhile. I will be putting on her as well.
I have one of those on my M1009 for jump starts of 12v vehicles, used it one time at work for a co-worker. Comes in handy at home as well since one of my other cars has a slow battery drain and when it sits for days I have to jump it.