• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sat 11/11/17 Downtown Orlando FL: Orlando Veterans Day Parade

signalcorps

It was a fantastic day. Parade, great food, our vehicles were the main attraction at the Ace Cafe, really great people and even a celebrity. Sixty thousand people came to see the parade and we were part of it! Thanks Orlando, Thanks Ace Cafe, Thanks to the members who came out with their MV's and most of all... Thank You Veterans.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for all the great pictures Mark, and for making the effort to organize our entry in the Orlando Veteran's Day Parade! Also, thanks to Roger for arranging the staging and display at Ace Cafe, a very cool place to hang out. I hope we can stage there again next year!

Mad Hatter 58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched the parade on my DRV We all looked great I will try to get it on a copied to a file and will try to get to all but I will need a little time Great job to all

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had an absolute BLAST!!! :) :clinto::jumpin: Flanking the stage with our MVs was REALLY COOL!!! 8) It's an all day event, but you can leave early if you need to. I didn't want to leave. Had too much fun! Even my daughter had a great time! We left a little after 5 pm. We had to get home before dark. Our Model A is very much like a MV. It disappears after sundown.

Ace Cafe treated us great! I kept receiving offers for free beer :beer:. Turned all of them down because I prefer distilled spirits. Anyways, I imagine they'll do the same thing next year.

Rob Riggle was there. I talked to him for a minute, thanked him for his service in the US Marine Corps. He really liked my M1009!! :-D

Our POC with Ace Cafe wants us back next year, bigger and better! He'd love to have even more MVs!!! :-D Space isn't a problem. They have plenty of room for us! I'll work out the details with the City of Orlando for us to stage at Ace Cafe again.

suzukovich - Please join us next year!!! Spread the word on the West Coast and bring a bunch of Steel Soldiers with you. A MV convoy up I-4 would be awesome!!! :-D

Last edited:

suzukovich

We had an absolute BLAST!!! :) :clinto::jumpin: Flanking the stage with our MVs was REALLY COOL!!! 8) It's an all day event, but you can leave early if you need to. I didn't want to leave. Had too much fun! Even my daughter had a great time! We left a little after 5 pm. We had to get home before dark. Our Model A is very much like a MV. It disappears after sundown.

Ace Cafe treated us great! I kept receiving offers for free beer . Turned all of them down because I prefer distilled spirits. Anyways, I imagine they'll do the same thing next year.

Rob Riggle was there. I talked to him for a minute, thanked him for his service in the US Marine Corps. He really liked my M1009!! :-D

Our POC with Ace Cafe wants us back next year, bigger and better! He'd love to have even more MVs!!! :-D Space isn't a problem. They have plenty of room for us! I'll work out the details with the City of Orlando for us to stage at Ace Cafe again.

suzukovich - Please join us next year!!! Spread the word on the West Coast and bring a bunch of Steel Soldiers with you. A MV convoy up I-4 would be awesome!!! :-D
I intend to. Unless I can get more people involved. Ruskin parade was bigger then last year. Weird thing last year there were more MVs. This year only MVs were the three M998 from my group and one Duece from the Riverview VFW post. Pretty sad really.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

suzukovich

I intend to. Unless I can get more people involved. Ruskin parade was bigger then last year. Weird thing last year there were more MVs. This year only MVs were the three M998 from my group and one Duece from the Riverview VFW post. Pretty sad really.

The other 998.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few more details about the parade. We were lineup #61. Total of 84 entries. :shock: The parade started at 11 am. We rolled into the parade at noon! :-D

signalcorps

Now on youtube... Well... no it isn't. Youtube police removed brcause of copyright issue and having News13 logo. Use the other link...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks