• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sat 11/12/16 Downtown Orlando FL: Orlando Veterans Day Parade

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please join me for the Orlando Veterans Day Parade on Saturday November 12, 2016. The parade is televised live on Bright House News Channel 13. The parade starts at 11 AM. Last year, the parade began at the corner of Orange Ave and Robinson Street. I assume the starting location will be the same this year. Our lineup location and number are unknown at this time. The Parade Staging Area opens at 8 AM. I attached the map of the parade route and road closures from last year. I will provide more details as I receive them. I will post a new map on this thread if I receive one.

Following the parade, we will convoy to Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. The address is 4678 E. Colonial Drive Orlando 32803. Sweet Tomatoes is on the south side of Colonial, and is very easy to access, even with 5 tons and big trailers. There is plenty of parking for all of our vehicles.

Here are the details about our entry and meetup location.
- We will meet in the parking lot directly behind the Chick Fil A in Colonial Plaza, 2448 E. Colonial Drive Orlando FL 32803. Chick Fil A is located on the south side of E. Colonial Drive. It is east of Bumby Ave and west of Primrose Dr, and is next door to Wells Fargo Bank.
- Colonial Plaza is on the south side of E. Colonial Drive, west of Primrose Drive and east of Bumby Avenue.
- There is plenty of parking in and around the Chick Fil A. If you are trailering any vehicle, you can leave it in this lot. Bring a trailer hitch lock.
- I will distribute the vehicle permits at our meetup location. You must display the vehicle permit in order to receive entry to the parade staging area.
- I will be at the parking lot of Chick Fil A at 9 AM.
- We will leave the parking lot at 9:30 AM and convoy to the staging area. I don’t know what our lineup number or location at this time. I will post this information as soon as I get it.
- Upon departure of our meetup location, we will line up our vehicles in the order we want them to appear in the parade. When we arrive at the staging area, we will pull to the right of the road and park in that order.
- For those interested in lunch, we will convoy 1.4 miles east to Sweet Tomatoes Soup & Salad Buffet (all you can eat!).
- Please RSVP on this thread ASAP or via PM with the make / model / M series designation of the MV that you’re driving or towing. Our large vehicles require additional staging and lineup space, and they need to know exactly how much space to set aside for our entry.
- Please let me know if you plan on convoying to Sweet Tomatoes.

I'm pretty sure I covered everything. Feel free to ask questions if you have any. Thank you!

View attachment Veterans-Parade-2015-map-1 (1).pdf

Last edited:

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mad Hatter - I'm glad you can make it to the parade!! :) I don't have a banner. In order to have one made, I would have to receive permission from the owner of Steel Soldiers. I also don't have the extra cash to order one. Great idea, though. :)

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be there. Probably have the M929. Thanks for organizing this Mark.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll survive, Steve! Your engineering skills are impeccable, and I know that you built your beast to handle some serious abuse! :)

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mad Hatter - I think we may be a little short on space in our parade entry. I hate to ask, but could you please leave the M105 at home?

Thanks. Sorry about that. The parade is televised (ie, timed and every second of the parade is accounted for), and I want to squeeze as many vehicles as I can into the lineup.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received confirmation that my application to the Orlando Veterans Day Parade has been approved!!! :)

Another Ahab

Mad Hatter - I'm glad you can make it to the parade!! I don't have a banner. In order to have one made, I would have to receive permission from the owner of Steel Soldiers. I also don't have the extra cash to order one. Great idea, though.
A banner would be a key item in any parade:

- If you can get permission, and design approval

Then maybe enough of us might pitch-in so it wouldn't be too big a hurting on any one person.

That banner could then be like the Traveling Pants going from parade to parade, as needed! Just an idea.

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WE WILL MEET AT THE CHICK FIL A PARKING LOT AT 9 am. WE WILL DEPART AT 9:30 am.

I received the information packet from the City of Orlando. Here are the details.

As with last year, adherence to the US Flag Code (Public Law 94-344) is mandatory.
EDIT: I attached a copy of the law.

We are Lineup Number 26.
Each vehicle must have a yellow 2016 PARADE VEHICLE PERMIT. I will hand these out when we meet at the Chick Fil A parking lot.

Route to the parade staging area:
We will head south in the parking lot towards Stein Mart, Big Lots, and Old Navy. We will continue south, passing Floor & Décor on the left and The Plaza Live Theater on the right. Turn right on E. Livingston St heading west. We will cross Bumby Ave. Turn right onto Summerlin Ave. Turn left heading west on E. Amelia Street.
The first vehicle will make a left onto Orange and fill in the staging area. The rest of our parade entry will curve around onto Amelia.

The parade registration table is conveniently located at the corner of Amelia and Orange. I don’t have to walk far to get us checked in! 

- At the end of the parade, we will continue north on Rosalind and turn right on E. Livingston Street. We will cross over Bumby and turn into the parking lot in front of Floor & Décor.

If you’re going to Sweet Tomatoes:
Head east out of the parking lot. Turn left heading north on Primrose Drive. Turn right heading east on E. Colonial Drive. Turn right into the parking lot in front of Sam Ash Music Store.

If you have any questions, please ask here or via PM. I'm looking forward to seeing y'all on Saturday!! :)
View attachment RL30243.pdf

Last edited:

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the parade route.

2016-Parade-Route.jpg

http://www.cityoforlando.net/veteransparade/

Last edited:

ODFever

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the people that RSVP'd for the parade cannot make it due to a commitment at work. That frees up a 25 foot long space in the lineup. If anyone is interested in joining us in the parade, please let me know ASAP. Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks