• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SATURDAY 11/11/17 Haspin Off-Road Day Trip

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going down to Haspin Acres Off-Road Park in Laurel, IN on Saturday, November 11 2017 for a day of off-roading. I've got a few SS members interested in meeting up that day and a few other friends in non-MV's that want to try off-roading for the first time. Anybody is invited to come if you're interested.

So far the group is all small trucks. My M1009, maybe another M1009, a HMMWV and some Toyota's. We're planning to run small-truck trails, and I can take care of most any kind of recovery needed for normal sized vehicles. This will be a low-key, no camping required, fun day hitting the trails around the Haspin park.

Will probably meet around 10am at Haspin and wheel until we're out of daylight (possibly into the night a little).

IMG_1056.jpgIMG_0876.jpgIMG_0898.jpgIMG_0300.jpgIMG_0878.jpg

Wire Fox

Stuck trying to get the HMMWV running again. My IP decided it was going to stop pushing fuel to the injectors. It goes all the way to the return line with no air, but stops dead there. All solenoids working, too. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon.

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'd love to have all of your HMMWV's! But, Dave, if you don't have a ride my shotgun seat is usually open. So far I have 4 vehicles confirmed, but would love to have more!

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2-weeks out! Get your stuff ready to roll!

Wire Fox, get your HMMWV going yet?

Wire Fox

2-weeks out! Get your stuff ready to roll!

Wire Fox, get your HMMWV going yet?
I wish. I actually decided to do one final test today to be 100% sure it wasn't my fuel pump. The MSD ICE says that my fuel pump pressure is around 8 PSI, so it's definitely not a low flow issue there. I've got to get that pump out and rebuilt, and I'm not too excited to do that in the new cold weather we have. If anyone wants to help some afternoon, that might be the right motivation to steamroll through getting it out, rebuilt, and replaced. As it is, I'm probably going to buy one of the pumps from the guy in texas, rebuild it, and then do the tear-down so that I can just do all the at-engine work in one shot

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Wire Fox

Fox, I think I have a spare. Is it ds4 or db2?
Alright, looks like mine can be either a DB-2831-5209 (6.5L detuned to 6.2L spec) or DB-2831-5149 (6.5L NA). Beltfed has a few of these sold as-is for cores for under $100/ea that I would try to clean up and put all new seals in. I'd definitely beat any of his prices if you know your pump is already good-to-go. Let me know what you have!

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get one I can come help you swap it. I haven't done one before, and would rather learn on your dime!

Most of my free time is in the evenings. Like working in the dark?

Wire Fox

If you get one I can come help you swap it. I haven't done one before, and would rather learn on your dime!

Most of my free time is in the evenings. Like working in the dark?
I hate it, but I do it all the time...and in the cold...and when it rains, it seems. I'll shoot you an invite when I have parts ready and I'm about to do it. Thanks for offering up a hand.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
since I cant make it for the 11th would anyone be willing to come out earlier? I am super itching to come out just a few hours:) then head out to Detroit..

Shrapnel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
since I cant make it for the 11th would anyone be willing to come out earlier? I am super itching to come out just a few hours:) then head out to Detroit..
Can't do anything sooner but I'm fairly open later in the year. I have the entire week of Thanksgiving off and don't have any major plans for weekend items through the end of the year. Off-roading is kind of my main hobby, so I'm pretty much willing to go any time I'm not already committed to do something else.

At least, until I break something, and then it takes me 6 months to fix...:tigger:

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't do anything sooner but I'm fairly open later in the year. I have the entire week of Thanksgiving off and don't have any major plans for weekend items through the end of the year. Off-roading is kind of my main hobby, so I'm pretty much willing to go any time I'm not already committed to do something else.

At least, until I break something, and then it takes me 6 months to fix...:tigger:
I feel like a little kid. I just finished my lift and mounted up some shoes on my landie. I'm dying to try out

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Wire Fox

I'm open to going when the heck ever I get this HMMWV running. Just got the parts ordered and we'll see what comes of it.
I feel like a little kid. I just finished my lift and mounted up some shoes on my landie. I'm dying to try out

Looks pretty neat! Would be cool to see what it can do. Is it anything like the one they had on Top Gear trying to outrun the Challenger tank?

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm open to going when the heck ever I get this HMMWV running. Just got the parts ordered and we'll see what comes of it.

Looks pretty neat! Would be cool to see what it can do. Is it anything like the one they had on Top Gear trying to outrun the Challenger tank?
Lmao just watched that. Nothing about my landrover is fast except how quick it spends money

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks