• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saurer 4K 4FA APC Prospective Purchase - Pro and Cons

teletech

There is a nice looking 432 on millweb right now for cheap, with the peak turret so it feels more like a tank. http://www.milweb.net/webvert/75684 (no affiliation here but I feel sure you could bring the whole project in for under 30K)
Of course, hauling it would be a chore but it sure is huge inside (and out) compated to a Spartan.

JeepTom

datadawg: Did you make any Saurer Purchase? I have been looking at one of those myself. Would be nice to talk to someone who has one. My choice is probably to be between a BMP1, SAURER or maybe a FV432. But I lika a tracked vehicle with turrer so that makes the FV432 less interesting. All I have got now are Willys MB/GPW jeeps, Studebaker Weasels, Hägglund BV206 and other light military vehicles, I feel like I need some bigger toys =)

datadawg

Just stumbled on this thread link by accident while trolling for some other stuff, life is funny that way. Well, I am a year older and infinitely more wise, having imported a Saracen and a Fox (both British armor) into USA. The effort I've expended so far vs. ride time -- actual seat miles -- is more than I ever imagined. I think it's easier to get a super model into bed than to get an armored vehicle on the road! I guess the thrill, excitement and anticipation are equally applicable in both arenas!

I am going to travel soon to Austria for a few days and plan to check out the Saurer 4K in a Vienna museum. I was almost tempted to make some purchase inquiries during my trip, but then I might do something really stupid and actually buy one.

Another Ahab

Just stumbled on this thread link by accident while trolling for some other stuff, life is funny that way. Well, I am a year older and infinitely more wise, having imported a Saracen and a Fox (both British armor) into USA. The effort I've expended so far vs. ride time -- actual seat miles -- is more than I ever imagined. I think it's easier to get a super model into bed than to get an armored vehicle on the road! I guess the thrill, excitement and anticipation are equally applicable in both arenas!

I am going to travel soon to Austria for a few days and plan to check out the Saurer 4K in a Vienna museum. I was almost tempted to make some purchase inquiries during my trip, but then I might do something really stupid and actually buy one.
Brother, if you get there you got to post us some pics of that, please!