• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Savagleable, or a boat anchor?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, took a chance on a 80 gallon tank to hook to my MEP-803 for an aux tank.

Got it home and pulled the covers off of one port and looked inside...

WP_20160606_20_02_31_Pro.jpgWP_20160606_20_02_56_Pro.jpg

So my first thought was to not even bother unloading it. But I'm still kinda new to this, so this something that can be saved, or off for scrap?

JRM

I have a 275 gallon home heating oil tank that's way worse. I use a cim-tek 2 micron filter that removes everything larger than a virus. I even use the fuel pumped from that in my HPFP picky rigs

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Diesel is just thin oil. See if there is a radiator shop that will dip it in caustic solution to clean up and use it! Once you put fuel in, there will be little rusting. A good filter is a good idea too, make sure you have a shut off so you can change filters without dumping a bunch of fuel.

I have seen way worse.

Artisan

A handheld glass bead blaster will make quick work of all that
if you can get to it. A few hours, some labor, a vacuum and
some diesel approved paint and your good to go.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, huh. Learning.

The opening at the top is 6x6 and tank is ~22x24x45H so I'm not sure how much access I'll get to the bottom. But it's in the garage and I'll start to beat on it real soon like.

Fuel filter and perhaps a pump to stir it is now on the list. Thanks guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks