• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saved a M818 maybe

HarryT

I bought a M818 from a local farmer a couple of weeks ago for scrap price ($1600). The odometer reads 001143.3 miles and the Hobbs meter reads
053.9 hours. Mechanically it's in good shape. He drove it to my house from about five miles away. Body wise, it looks a little rough, peeling paint, dented right front fender, center of bumper has a chain dent in it, right windshield frame is rusted through. I just hated to see it go to the crusher.
I hope you fellows can give me some information about this truck.
VIN 05B-87770-C124-11085
Front bumper has 803 RDOM on the passenger side, 891 in the center, and GS162 on the driver's side.
The windshield has 2001 2539 in grease pencil. And a sticker on the passenger window says Demil: Q

I don't really have a use for this thing but I've been having fun driving it around the property. It was cheaper than a four wheeler. Naturally I have visions of bobbing it, big tires, new paint, air conditioning, etc...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to get with Adam "Ferroequinoligist" on this site. I think he lives close to you and will become your new BFF. He has an M818 and can help you with anything you need to know about your truck.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
when you get that a/c in there, be sure to post up some detailed pics especially the compressor situation! it's what we are all waiting for and we will be your best friends too!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HarryT,

If you can get over to Columbia on a Thursday afternoon/evening, come on by the Curtiss-Wright hanger at the northwest corner of Owens (downtown) Airport. Ferro is not the only one in Columbia with big green toys!

HarryT

Thanks for the invite. Hope to meet you guys soon.
I'm on Hwy 521 South about 15 miles from Shaw.
A/C was my second modification to the truck after the 24 inch Dubs.
Next will be a rear view mirror on the windshield so I can install a green tree air freshener.