• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saw an interesting deuce what was it?

hukfin

I will take a photo, dont have one now. The vehicle is a deuce however it has a fiberglass body. There is no bed or attachments on the back, just bare frame. The inside of the cab is the stock configuration of a deuce, complete with data plate, GI dash, instruments,etc.. and aftermarket seats. The body itself is fiberglass, hood, fenders, grill, and exterior cab. It has a one piece tilt front. In essence from a distance it looks like a late 60's day cab semi, with the longer frame rails of a deuce my guess is that it carried a box and not a fifth wheel. There is a manufacture's plate on the side right in front of the driver's door, I did'nt have much time to look. It also has standard road tires. I thought it looked pretty good just didnt have the distinct appearance of a deuce. Did a company remanufacture deuces? Any ideas?

P.S. Titled my deuce, road legal now!

wikallen

Boyce had a tilting fiberglass front end. Go to their web page, click on picture archive, then click on new trucks. Should show a picture of a white truck with a fiberglass front end.

hukfin

similar yes same no

The pictured truck has similar lines but itsnot thesame,the one in question has a cab that matches and it doesnt have military lights. Memphis equipment sounds familiar. Also the fenders are fiberglass and incorporated into the tilt front. Headlights are round and there is a grill in the frontnot closed off like the one pictured. There is a winch on the front.

wikallen

The pictured truck has similar lines but itsnot thesame,the one in question has a cab that matches and it doesnt have military lights. Memphis equipment sounds familiar. Also the fenders are fiberglass and incorporated into the tilt front. Headlights are round and there is a grill in the frontnot closed off like the one pictured. There is a winch on the front.

What you describe is the the boyce front.

Attachments

hukfin

went back this is what I learned.

I went back and learned a little more. I found this reference to the company on the web.

wittenberg1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks