• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saying Hi From the Northwest!

slotnickj

Well I have been lurking on this board for about 6 months, never really had anything to post. But I have seen several other Northwest posters and with the MVPA show coming to Portland I thought it was time. I am the proud owner of a whistler M35a2 w/winch that I restored. It is presently in maintenance for some heavy work and I promise I will post photos upon it's return.

I had an unusual experience today, I bid with GL for an M109a3 that was up for auction today at Fort Lewis. I have watched the last few auctions from there and in the past these vehicles have sold for $1500 to $3000.00 based on condition and amenities. I was shocked today when the final price I bid was $4560.00 next bid was $4760 and out of my price range.

Just a little disappointed as it was something I really would have liked to have, oh well maybe next time. At any rate I wanted to thank all of you for the great knowledge base provided by this site and the ability to learn so much from all of you.

Now I just need to find someone to build a bobbed deuce for me!

Have a great week!

OD_Coyote

Welcome slotnickj!
BTW - I was watching that M109A3 and the 3KW Diesel Generator.
The lathe and other tools in the back of the M109A3 would have been a nice bonus.

DanMartin

Welcome!

Where in Washington are you? There are a few of us that are close enough that we might be able to have a beer every once in a while...would be great if you could join us!

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy slotnickj ,

Welcome, and be sure to add you location to either you contact info or your signature.
I am down in the tri-cities.
I am always ready to getting into a new adventure.

As for the bidding on the shop truck, I am sure there were a bunch watching it.
More now that we have our advertiser in the the upper left corner.

OSO

Grettings slotnickj ! You live in Wa . I live just northeast of Arlington . I was just over to my M328 today, doing plumbing where it's parked. What kind of heavy work you having done ? I hope nothing broke on your truck. Makes hanging onto these things Expensivetoo keep . Post your location like mentioned before. By a small chance you might be close by . I bid on the wrecker light bars at Fort Lewis, couldn't get back in time to raise my bid . aua

MilitaryRestoration

Thats good because i got them ;-) didn't think I was going to have to pay so high for them until last minute bidders aua javascript:emoticon('aua')
Banging Head. I guess there is a few of us all within a close range...is everyone going to be at the national show? could start a convoy and pick up the others on the way or something...and like you said 'slot' that truck was nice but a little pricy although i'm sure you couldn't buy a few of the items in the truck for that price alone...'Dan' you didn't forget about your ring legs did you? ;-) i've still got em just giving you a friendly reminder but i can store as long as needed no worry there...'Will' of course it's prob raining up here when does it not :) and lately its been snowing on a very abnormal rate...esp in Vancouver, wa tty northwesters all later... ;-)

BillIdaho

Call Alex at Idaho Motor Pool, located at Fruitland Idaho. He offers a bobbed duece, either one you supply or one of his. I think he has quite a few to choose from right now (not bobbed yet) 208-452-5335. He might be at the SHOT Show for the next few days, though.
Tell him Bill B. from Steel Soldiers sent ya.

IronViking

Hey welcome aboard, another NW homie
.Im picking my M35a2 up tomorrow at FT Lewis.
Yea that shop truck was nice. I almost waited to bid on that lot.
Im glad I bid off the lot before.I even had friends comeing
over and checking it out on my computer.
All those extra goodies in the back.
Did someone here end up with that truck?

DanMartin

Todd, I haven't forgotten about the legs...just been busy with work. :) Sorry for being such a lame-o. I work weird hours and by the time I get free it's usually too late to call you.

I'll try again for this weekend (I'll call you first to confirm of course).

I'll be at the show this year for sure... in fact I'm going to try to do some volunteer work if I can fit it into my schedule. I'll also have my deuce there (I hope to have the power steering in by then). Should be a blast...I can't wait.

MilitaryRestoration

ironviking i'd come over to help out but right now it takes almost five hours to get there because of the pass being closed... sorry you can call me if you run into any problems though and in emg case i could run over...let me know 360 608 6484

MilitaryRestoration

Sounds good...just make sure to check all diff's, xfer case, transmission for oil, radiator and water level, oil, air in tires, filters, oil pan, oil pressure after starting, drain the air tanks, check air pressure after starting, make sure to close glad handles at rear of truck, leaf packs, axles, knuckle seals....just the start :) ps make sure to know if the eng stop cable works properly before you start just in case...and if not and something happens be ready to kill it with clutch...hoping that the brakes are good to hold it... O:)

slotnickj

Thank you all for the warm welcome I have updated my profile to reflect my location (Tacoma, Washington). Colonel I apologize for running the bid up on you, I had bid earlier in the day, had been in meetings and got done at 1350 which left me 10 minutes to bid to my max. Congratulations to you on your truck, you have a fine machine. I really did not want the shop equipment just the M109A3 for an RV project.

Corporal you got a fine machine! I know the unit it came from personally, if you ever decide you need to find it a new home please keep me in mind.

I would welcome to get together with any of you for a beer and socializing.

No big deal on repairs, I have it at the local votech where they are performing a heavy maintenance on it, it is a great deal as they have excellent labor rates and I provide the parts. The only problem is everytime the students fix something they want to take it for a test ride!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks