• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SC Rally!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is plenty of room at my place, and I have offered it as a SC 'mini' rally location. there aren't any trails or any such thing, but we can all sit around a fire and drink lots of adult beverages, and at least meet a lot of SC folks.

hotdogs151a2

OK South Carolina Guys/Gals, that is two invites in one thread from Mr. Ferro!
I think a mini-mini meet and greet is in order. Even if it is a drive-by/stop & go.
Thanks, Mr. Ferro
Hotdog

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro will be heading to Haspin soon, so it looks like July will be the first available time, since he will need a little recovery time from that trip. (And Angie's honey-do list will be growing.) Mid September might be good as far as weather is concerned, should be cooling off by then. Let's see if Adam has any particular calendar spot in mind.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't really have a time, I could get a year calendar and a dart...

You SC guys, post up what months works for you- I would think early september would be good for the temps. We will be going to the VA rally labor day weekend though. It won't be too fancy, just make it a Friday night through Sunday.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
November will be cooler- we can burn up all the redtips I will cutting tomorrow.
:jumpin: :mrgreen::grin:

rickf

I am yanking ferro's chain, which I try to do every time I get a chance. And yes, Ferro does have enough room for me to swing the 814. At least he better, as the 814 is coming to his house to spend the weekend before we jump off for Haspin.

You haven't had any more encounters with low hanging wires have you?:doh:

You didn't think I would forget did you?rofl

Rick

3dAngus

OK guys, seriously! 4 pages of chatter now with no results. You need a SC rally started so us Ga. boys who can't wait until the best of the best ralies in Oct. in Ga. get started. So lets get it together, someone take charge, and if it is on 3 acres or 3000, let's get a neighborhood rally going so we can all be proud. I love SC. But we need results. Who's going to get the name and the famous notierity for getting the first one started? Clinto has made history in Georgia. Who will it be in S.C.? Who wants to go to their grave with a tombstone that doesn't say what we all will know for infamy.

Just be sure, if on 3 acres or 3000, you name it "The First Annual South Caroling MV Rally"

MAKE HISTORY!!!!!

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have stayed well away from any low hanging wires...... Once was enough!!
The second weekend in November is very close to Veteran's day. The weather has moderated, the bugs are mostly gone, and it hasn't really gotten cold yet. The 3rd weekend is just a little too close to Thanksgiving....:jumpin:

Im here in NC it would be a great thing 2 hours to columbia as opposed to 4.5 to charlotte lol im not sure i could handle 4.5 hours in the cucv as its still got 4:56 gears and i can only run 55mph (im running 285 75 16 tires for all u that are paying attention ) i might suffer enough drivin 2 hours rofl[thumbzup]but its alot better short distances

jwaller

I would love to put my name on something here in SC but I just don´t have the room for it. MY house is small and my land is already filled with Mv´s of my own.

Let me make some calls and see if I can find some land to spead out on.

3dAngus

jwaller,

I wonder if there is a recreational park where people can just pay a fee for entrance in S,C. kinda like Durhamtown in Georgia. Maybe somewhere where people can take out their 4 wheelers or motorcycles and ride them. If so, everybody wins.

Good luck, and thanks for looking into it.

exbrown

If there is any interest in having one in the upstate, I can look into getting the T. Ed Garrison Arena in Clemson. This is a great facility with indoor and outdoor areas. There is lots of parking and plenty of room. They do not have anywhere to trail ride. This would cost us each a fee, but depending on the numbers, it should not be bad.

T. Ed Garrison Arena : Public Service : Clemson University : South Carolina

The first 4 weekends in September and the 3rd and 4th weekends in October are currently available.

Last edited:

3dAngus

That looks nice, but please don't schedule it within 4-6 weeks of the Ga. Rally.

We all want to be good neighbors.

exbrown

That looks nice, but please don't schedule it within 4-6 weeks of the Ga. Rally.

We all want to be good neighbors.
I plan on attending the Ga Rally, and don't want to do anything to hurt it, however your request blocks out 13 weeks that you don't want a SC Rally to be held. From Sept 7th to December 4th. Since there is also Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, this would be pretty much a 6 month time frame that you are requesting that the SC members not hold a rally.

The dates mentioned just happen to be the open dates during the time frame that others are already suggesting, and upstate, midstate or lowstate has not been decided. I was just throwing this out for consideration.

Surely good neighbors can have rallys on different weekends.