• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scavenged a M812 bridge truck today

surfdog

We decended on the old M812 bridge truck like vultures on road kill.

Between my friends and I, we were able to get the cab, fenders, radiator, front wheel spacers, and a few other small parts. The PTO from the transmission was already gone.

I had bid on it at a local auction but the local scrapper won it as he only had to move it about 1 mile and I would have had to move the oversize load about 75 miles. Even though I had bid it up quite a bit, he was willing to let us buy some parts reasonably before it got cut up and crushed.

The transmission (w/o PTO), bridge launching bed, and axles are still available if anyone is interested. Not much good stuff left on the engine. There are six 14.00 x 20 NDT tires and rims that are OK but not great. Hood is there but is dinged a bit in the front. Front drive shaft is there but rear shaft was already gone. Head and manifolds might be OK.

Located in the Hudson River Valley about 1 1/2 hours north of NYC. PM if you want details. I suspect he'd sell someone the axles if they wanted them.

Attachments

surfdog

No, we did not. I dont recall you telling me to get those. Did you tell Stretch?

Looks Like you are driving there to get them yourself...

surfdog

PM "GLENN" - he is heading out your way soon and might be able to bring them out. He has a M818 to retrieve somewhere out in Michigan.

I think he is driving a M813 out that way.

ODdave

Yea, he's going to Ted's, 10 min from my place lol. I was just over there last week. How much do you think those wheels could b had for?

surfdog

probably not very much but they will still have the tires on them.

The problem is they are about a 150 mile RT from me now.

JATONKA - are you going to get the shocks / springs? The muffler is shot - the grapple crane crushed it when they picked the front end up.

YankeeDuece

I got both fenders and mounted bits, front bumper w/extensions, radiator, starter, jack shaft, T-case for about twice the fuel cost to get there and back!

If any body wants anything get there soon. The meat is off the bone and it's ready for the stock-pot.

Alredneck

Banned
You have any contact info for us Southern folks?

Is the bed in good shape, and head ache rack? What about the roller on the rear?

surfdog

The headache rack, bed, rollers, and rear hydraulic rams all looked to be in real good shape.

The guy at the yard wont want to be bothered taking a lot of small stuff off. The only reaon we got a good price was be brought all our own tools, torches, impacts, etc and took everything off ourselves.

PM me for the number.

Last edited:

surfdog

Yankeeduece -
The fuel tank was real heavy when I tried to move it today so I liberated uh... I mean I disposed of some of that dirty old petroleum distillates in the fuel tank.

It should be much easier on your back the next time you need to move it off the trailer.

Attachments

surfdog

ODdave -
just talked to Glenn today and apparently he drove out to Lansing last night and was at Ted's getting his 818 when I called this afternoon.

Guess you're going to have to keep hunting for rims.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks