• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

School Classes Wanted their Yearbook Photos with our Military Trucks How Fun !

Blendmaster2002

Well last night I signed on SS and was looking at my PMs then I noticed one from 1trucker that was an invite to an Elementary School Class Year Book Photo that his 5[SUP]th[/SUP] grade daughter attends, He told me that his daughter is so excited over her dads truck that she convinced her teacher and Principal to let her and her whole 5[SUP]th[/SUP] grade class take their Class photos with the truck, and so after he found out he PMed me if I wanted to go too, so I got up asked my dad if he wanted to go too, he did, so as I did some maintenance to the truck, and tapped on the starter relay for good measure (its not wanting to work sometimes, I need to fix it), my dad gave my truck a quick rinse with the hose, I went an grabbed a military helmet and shovel I got to display with the truck for stuff like this and grabbed our camo floppy hats and we were off. Everyone was excited to see the trucks, the kids had a blast. And it turned out not just her class, but what seemed like all the 5 grade classes came out to get their class photos taken! :-D

Attachments

Blendmaster2002

More Pics.

Attachments

treva2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is so dammm cool. I hope I get an opportunity to something like that when I finish my deuce.

1trucker

20130201_094116.jpg20130201_094446.jpg20130201_093104.jpg20130201_094308.jpg20130201_091528.jpg20130201_093258.jpg20130201_093755.jpgJust wanted to thank Blendmaster2002 for joining us at my daughters yearbook photo shoot. Originally one truck was cool. But when two trucks showed up, it was out of this world. These two guys are true soldiers in my book because they showed up on a moments notice. Dispite all the horrible things happening in the world today, it is nice to be part of putting smiles on some kids faces and maybe some encouragement. Things like this should happen more often. Lets use the power we have through this website in a positive way and maybe we can change some things for the better. Here are some pics I took with my cell phone. I forgot my camera on a special day like this. Duh.

BLK HMMWV

Very cool.
About 5 years back I was asked by my neighbors kid if I could take him to his senior prom in my HMMWV.
It was fun for me . I think they had fun as well.
I told him it wasn't very romantic. ( You can hardley touch fingers across the rear seats of the HMMWV)
I did it up right I had a 40mm can as a cooler between the seats full of refreshments, and a fruit and cheese platter on the gunners platform.
Camo attire is required .
I will probably remember it more then he will.
BH

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Awesome, it's always great to educate them you about this stuff.

I did a elementary school display for Vet Day this past year. Every 1st day of school, the kids get dropped off in one of my MV's. Last day of school, they get picked up in one of the MV's. It's become a tradition. I drive them at other times also.

Wonder what they'll think when I drive up to the school in a halftrack someday (LOL).

Ord22

Thats cool for you to do this. Like someone have said, Despite whats going on in the world, There is something good you can always do for our future (kids). Thanks 1Trucker!!

Blendmaster2002

Thanks for all the great comments guys, this was the first time I have used the truck for something like this, When me and my dad were leaving in my M36a2 along the edge of the school, kids and teachers were coming out of their classrooms watching and waving so I hit the horn a few times, you should have seen the smiles and excitement, when it was all said and done, it left me with the feeling we had did something good! This was a unique opportunity that we here at SS share with our ownership and interest in Military Vehicle’s.:driver:

FUBIJAR

Great Job! Here in NJ they would probably put the school in lockdown if we ever pulled in military trucks. lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks