• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

School me on the Bows and Stays for a 923A2

Iggy913

I just got a set of bows and the vertical stays for my 923A2 and I'm having some issues figuring them out. The second and last stake pockets stop the vertical stays about one foot higher than all the others, which ends up being about a foot over the top of the cab, at 6" tall I could almost walk under the bows at that height, where as all the others would have the top about the same height as the cab.

So, am I missing something with those four total stake pockets and they should drop down further, or are the others supposed to be higher? All the vertical stays are the same height. Should I cut some pieces of wood and drop them into the other stake pockets so they would all be that taller height?

Also two of the curved pieces that attach the vertical stays to the bows have bolts at each end, where as the others have bolts at one end and an articulating piece that locks the bow into it.

Thanks in advance to any help.

Gunzy

The front and rear of the troop seat pieces have retaining pins on the bedsides. These have to be pulled out for the stays to fully seat down into the troop seats. On the bolts, my curved pieces are bolted/screwed to the stays and the bows are held with the rotating lock piece. You may also look at the TM for more info. Hope this helps.