• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

School me on the "Deuce"

1SICKMJ

So I just did a small resto on a M923. Ive been driving it between the shop and paint booth and parking lot. I'm hooked and think it would be really fun to have one of my own.

Heres Hawaii Volcano's National Park's 5ton( couldnt photobucket so heres the build thread)

BentFrame 4X4 - Work project, 5ton resto(lots of pics)

Any way I mainly would like to know what they are called( i see alot of m35a2) what engine(im interested in multifueled) and price range(I like to rebuild so aslong as it can be rebuilt or patched im happy). Just some info to pretty much up my knowledge so the next time GL has a few in Honolulu I know what I'm looking at.

Im currently in college and have a few other projects on my plate so I dont want buy one now, I guess I got an itch to tinker with more big military trucks and would like to have one in the future as a hobby/out door toy/ tow rig.

Heavysteven

M35A2 also called the "Deuce and a Half" 2 1/2 half ton 6x6 cargo truck. They are multifuel.

Price
The last auction rates where about 2200-2400 for Duece w/winch and 1000-1200 for WO/winch. Delear prices is saw where around 7,500 for WO/W.

I would suggest you check out You tube

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks like all the m35a2s have been pulled from GL. Prices just tripled. WHere does all that rot come from? Just the sea air?

Sgt Hulka

You're doing a great job. Can't believe the a**clowns in management didn't like the first color. I thought it was inspired to match the NPS clothing color (which you did). Also thought it was ludicrous they thought a different shade would make that bad boy "less military." ALSO am not happy they didn't want to look too "military." Last time I checked, we were all on the same team...

1SICKMJ

Thanks for the info guys. GL or from a private seller doesnt bother me, LOL just being in the middle of the ocean doesnt help trying to find one. I dont want and cant afford one right now. But they are so **** cool! I gotta try get my boss to let me go take the M923 for a test drive around the park, I dont think I have to have a CDL on park property. Driving it 20ft just makes my 6x6 bug worse.

Because of the crater pulsing out hundreds of thousands of tons of sulfur dioxide a day rust gets accelerated, then add the moisture from rain, and the fact that RM beats the heck out of that thing = cancer all over the place! That was my first crash course in body and paint, its not perfect but Im sure thats the first time you could see a reflection off that truck and the rain just beads off. Thanks for the appreciation.