• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Score!!!! New shoes and a winch.

phil2968

They really fubared the drive shaft! I hate it when someone takes a torch to remove parts. What about the PTO and cab linkage? Did you get those? That driveshaft is a good $120. They're on eBay. They sure cut close on those extensions.

Streetgliderx

The extensions are ok I believe they have all the bolt holes. The shaft I can build I own a fab shop, I also cut out my wheel adapters today.

Sadly all I got was the winch but I only paid 250 for it. I got a line on levers and a pto. Man may have a shaft too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393208867.660914.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393208907.767726.jpg

greg2560

Nice job on the adapters... Made some like that for my 4040 JD tractor to put IH wheel weights on the rear.. to add about 500lbs per wheel.. IH wheel weights are cheap down here in S TX... I am guessing you cut them on a water table?? And punched the holes

WRMorrison

Yeah water jets are amazing I just couldn't spring for a million dollar machine. I got nearly 40k in the plasma table.
I got'cha...I can't even afford the plasma table, but I'm certainly jealous! I used to be a machinist for quite a while and had access to a lot of stuff. Now that I'm chained to a desk/cubicle, I still have the access, but absolutely no G-jobs allowed...:(

-WRM

greg2560

Nice

Yeah I understand that. I have a full fab shop, lathes, end mills, and of course the plasma table. I foresee a lot of built parts for this beast.

got to have to good shop tools to work on junk and make it work. Build it, buy it or what ever it takes.... Fixing to start dump bed install on mine just got to get the time to do it... Got the dump hoist in 2 months ago!!!!

Streetgliderx

Oh wow. Well yeah it helps to have tools to handle this large stuff. I put the tires on today. It took a track hoe to lift, a forklift to manage the wheels and a large service truck for the air tools!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393632231.209195.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393632248.901930.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393632260.830575.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393632273.647669.jpg

And for anyone who wonders 395's brand new like less than an inch touching!!!!