• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scored My First HMMWV - Then Got Kicked In The *****

Thought I did decent. Bought a 1990 AM General M998 HMMWV for just under $10k. Running. 6.2 Paid the bill, filled out all the paperwork, then found out that the govt will take upwards of 8 weeks to approve the EUC... Wow... I don't know how I missed out on that detail. Don't think I saw that listed anywhere but I could be wrong. That's a pretty good let down, but I will be pleased once I get it....this fall..

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends, what it depends on we have no idea, sometimes rebuilt M939 trucks will have No EUCs when row boats will have EUCs. Also please add your location, most users probably wont know where DFW is.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
On GL (not GP) each item that required an EUC was clearly marked before you bid, usually with a red icon to that effect.
I see End Use Certificate Required in bold letters on every listing requiring it... maybe if they changed it to Red it would stand out a bit more

FloridaAKM

EUC's are a pain, but in order to play; they own the football & you go by their rules....even when they make no sense. I had to do an EUC on a lot of Deuce covers. Send in your EUC form & watch the GP site on a very regular basis for it to show up as cleared, as you get no notification unless you check the site. When it clears, you now have the football to play with how you want...still under their rules. EUC needed is always listed plainly on the auction site offerings when required, you just might miss it due to the stars in your eyes @ the listing that makes your wallet open up! The first one is the worst as far as waiting is concerned, the rest are just a pain.

tobyS

So Hummers can be used on the road and licensed? I thought they were off road only.

tobyS

Nobody said anything about on road use, where are you inferring that?
My mistake...yet in all the sales info at GP I cannot recall seeing a disclaimer.

How many people will buy them thinking they can put them on the road? Or am I wrong and they can be licensed? Asking, not inferring.

KansasBobcat

Sounds like you got a fair deal. Don't worry about the EUC delay. I have had private transactions take longer. It is part of the hobby. If you are in Dallas area and need any HMMWV stuff PM me. Good luck. Bob

smashcrashy

My mistake...yet in all the sales info at GP I cannot recall seeing a disclaimer.

How many people will buy them thinking they can put them on the road? Or am I wrong and they can be licensed? Asking, not inferring.
Under notices and restrictions they all have "This item is offered for Off-Road Use Only."

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd be ecstatic if a gov agency I work with did things in 8-10 weeks..... Just sayin', it can be worse.

I'd enjoy driving a MV more in the fall than I would the summer as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks