• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scout Car worth?

3dAngus

I wouldn't think it HAS to be restoreable to make it worth the value, just have the parts where someone can get them to restore theirs. On the other hand, if it were restoreable, that would be sweet too. And if engine and tranny is there, even if froze up, you shoudl get money back just on that alone from someone with a good body that n ieeds an original engine to rebuild. Body parts are very hard to come by, and that is why I say to check if surface rust on all parts, or rust through on some. Any part that is whole there is worth something all by itself due to the limited availability to a collector, who desperately needs these parts so we can see him put one of these rare items back together. What a waste....

3dAngus

Nice find. A treasure trove of parts for the restorer. I would not want to take that one on by any means, but was never my intention, rather, it was for the parts count $value and the beautiful job someone could do if it could be saved for those in need.

I would offer him $500 if he dropped it off for you provided you had a holding area.
It's worth the risk at $750 for an investment.

Wayofftrack

Good job on the pics. The frame is no good the back 3 feet are gone but like someone said it is a treasure trove of parts. Lots of odds and ends there plus the drivetrain.

L999here

...grab it...!!!

Even if you just part it out,you'll be saving a piece of history. Better yet....buy it and restore it. If you can weld,cut steel,turn a wrench and rebuild a motor...you'll never regret getting it. Just to have it sitting in my garage would be enough for me to get it. If I lived within 100 mi of you,I'd get it for myself. Jump into the armor pool....the water is just fine and has a special flavor...LOL....

CMP Nut

Should I pick it up???? !@#$%^&%^$%#$#

NEVER, never, never, never pass up anything related to armour...especially "light" armour....

My two cents worth....

Mike Timoshyk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks