• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scout Show Gwinnett Ga 4/26/14

andy3

Hey guys I am a Cub & Boy Scout leader and was asked if if some of the local MV community wanted to come out to support an event at the Gwinnett County Fair Grounds on the same day as Zout’s cook out. The event is from 10 to 4 but we can do whatever times we want. I was thinking being on station by 9:30 AM and doing a static display then doing a parade out at noon with convoy to Zouts for the cookout as he isn’t too far away. In the past there has been between 2K and 5K in attendance. I know this would make a big impression!

bchauvette

I don't think I can do the cook out but would like to do the Boy Scout thing. What are the logistics around this? Meet when where. Do what, wear when . Finish when wear. Where is the event. I'm sure all of this is already posted but it is probably spread out and I can find it.

andy3

I am getting very excited about Operation Boy Scout. I am sorry for any confusion my travels have caused for anyone. We have made an accommodation to the times that were set a couple of months ago. For those of you that choose to support the event thank you from the bottom of my heart. My intent was not to try to make a competing or excluding event, but to give the hobby a chance to have a positive showing and give back to the community.

Since it appears we will have a lower vehicle count and a portion of the group will be leaving early I will be staying at the Fairgrounds until the end of the event @ 4PM. Anyone that wants to stay feel free to message, email, or call me.

Date, time and location info.

Gwinnett County Fairgrounds address:
2405 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30045

Arrive by 9:15AM I would prefer everyone to be in spot by 9:00AM

For those leaving early to go to Zout’s Cookout we will fire up the trucks @ 12:15 and let them idle for 5 min. Parade out should take less than 5 min and you can be on your way. Have a great event, eat lots of BBQ meat and swap for some cool toys, parts, etc.

For those staying the event closes @ 4PM. I would expect for us to pull out around 4:15PM.

Andy Duncan
678-462-1610
andy3@mac.com
CubMaster & ASM

andy3

I was just thinking.... Anyone going to Scout Show event on 4/26/14 have a compressor wrench set for a multifuel they can bring so we can do a belt swap? ETA as to how long it would take? I need to look up the cross reference and find the right belt.

andy3

This update is for Ron 73m819:

Ron you still have not reached out to me directly. The update below is the same as I have posted twice before. You are showing poorly on our hobby by continuing to call on the BSA demanding special attention. You have still not contacted me but continue calling the Boy Scouts local office and also contacting other volunteers. I am the point of contact.

My contact info is:
Andy Duncan
andy3@mac.com
678-462-1610

I understand there will be additional trucks not coming now but Ron aka 73m819 you are not invited to the event.

OK the Scout Show update we’ve all been waiting for. I am attaching a map. The volunteer that is heading this up is doing this event for the first time and has been a bit overwhelmed. He is very excited about us being there and has a request that we come in from our staging area just inside Gate 3 of Gwinnett County Fair Grounds just after 9:30 AM to be part of opening ceremony before the event gates open. If everyone could be to that point by 9:15 we won’t have t worry about stragglers. The people who will be there are volunteers and overnight campers. After we parade in there will be flag raising. Coming in that morning there will not be allot of foot traffic. We drive straight in make 2 lefts and back in to grass area in a row along fence. The spaces he has allotted us are G-1 to G-8 he believes the spaces are either 20’ to 25’ across This is next to the main gate and EVERYONE coming into the event will see all of our trucks lined up. At 1PM when we fire up and roll out in the convoy it will be very east to rope off a safe area for the trucks to leave. We take a right turn off the grass and leave out of the same gate we entered Gate #3.

Gwinnett County Fairgrounds address:
2405 Sugarloaf Pkwy, Lawrenceville, GA 30045

andy3

WOW! What a weekend! I wanted to give some feedback from the event organizers for the Scouting event on 4/26. Thank to to EVERYONE who came out and supported the event and thank you to Zout for holding the chow line. I will list everyone my tired brain can remember I know I am missing a M35A3 and I can’t remember Don’s (M814 that stretches for 2/3rds a mile) screen-name. If I left you off the list speak up I want to recognize you as well. Coffey1, bchauvette, TMNT, Microjeep, 73m819, Ferroequinologist,

The Boys LOVED it!
The parents/volunteers loved it.
The parade in was a HUGE hit.
73m819, The flag was a Huge hit!
Ferro, Your truck was described as cute by at least 20 people.
bchauvette, The M944 was EPIC!

Coffey1 & BChauvette thanks for coming all the way from SC to support the event.

The top Scouting Exec from Ga was there and loved the trucks and asked if we would come again next year. Thank you all again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks