• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scrap yard find

pacebm

I saw an M37 yesterday at the scrap yard in Russellville, Alabama. Didn't have my camera and the guy who prices trucks was not there. I imagine it could be bought for 30 cents a pound as that is how they sell most things. The number is (256) 332-9400. I know nothing about M37s and I am in no way affiliated with this yard. I just hate to see a military truck get scrapped. Here is all the contact information for the yard.

Franklin County Recycling and Salvage
1407 Highway 77
Russellville, AL 35654-6510
(256) 332-9400

Blood_of_Tyrants

30 cents a pound is HIGH. At that price a deuce could bring over $4000 and 5 ton would bring over $6000 just for scrap. And if THAT is the case, I am going into the deuce scrapping business. I'll take out the valuable parts and then scrap the rest.

pacebm

Guys I don't know about the pricing. I just heard him price a piece of steel to somebody one day at 30 cents/lb and that was about 6 six months ago. Like I said, I am in no way affiliated, just wanted to pass it along to the M37 enthusiasts. My Dad and I had cleaned up around the farm and took a load of old hay rings, tin, etc. and I saw it as we were driving out. The economy around here is so bad he might take less; it can't hurt to call if you are interested. This is an old time junkyard where they move a lot of scrap metal but they keep some of the more interesting vehicles to sell or for parts. He even has a couple of postal jeeps with the cummins engines.

pacebm

I'm not really sure because I didn't get out and walk it over. It is sandwiched between a couple of other cars and it is black. Sorry, if we go back in the next couple of weeks I will ask a price and get y'all some pictures. I forgot that my phone has a camera. aua

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not really sure because I didn't get out and walk it over. It is sandwiched between a couple of other cars and it is black. Sorry, if we go back in the next couple of weeks I will ask a price and get y'all some pictures. I forgot that my phone has a camera. aua
If you can PM me a price, I call first dibs!:beer: