• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Scratchbuilt FLU419 Small Emplacement Excavator 1:24

rolf mulder

Hello all,

here are some pictures of a model of a FLU419 Small Emplacement Excavator. Basically it's an Unimog fitted with a front loader and a backhoe. It was used in the US Army and USMC. The model is scratchbuilt, only the chassis and wheels are kit-items.

Attachments

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you build that from scratch? Im not being a putz, Im really wondering.. I would last about 3 minutes on a project like that... I have no patience, which, I am guessing you have alot of! :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need a strong itch, to build from scratch.

That is very nice work!

Last edited:

rolf mulder

How do you build that from scratch? Im not being a putz, Im really wondering.. I would last about 3 minutes on a project like that... I have no patience, which, I am guessing you have alot of! :)
Basically, the first thing I do is measuring up all the drawings. Then the rough layout of the cab and rear-body are cut out of plastic (styrene) sheet. Some curves can be made by sanding or bending. The detailing took most of the building time. The downloaded manuals provide me with all the details, for esample the wiring and tubing.

Rolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks