• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Screw in Tire Studs

Skyhawk13205

Thoughts / experiences with screw in carbide traction studs? I'm considering a 2nd set of wheels and tires for winter. Has anybody tried studs? Thanks!
I did mine, works well, have not driven much on them or removed them yet. You should be able to remove them every season, I bet you could stud them at least 5-6 times before you run out of space.

Attachments

TGeorge

I did mine, works well, have not driven much on them or removed them yet. You should be able to remove them every season, I bet you could stud them at least 5-6 times before you run out of space.
Any particular flavor of stud? 'bout how many are required for a 2 axle (4 wheels) M1078? Thanks Tobin

Skyhawk13205

Any particular flavor of stud? 'bout how many are required for a 2 axle (4 wheels) M1078? Thanks Tobin
I did a pattern, about 120 studs per tyre, look up you local laws, laws in my state was no more than 3% of tire surface area could be studded otherwise it was defined as a “metal tyre”. I used the igrip studs 15mm shouldered studs PN: SS-151000

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks