• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Screwdriver in ring gear? Mep803

Waterhouse

I’m trying to access the governor In the gear cover. One of the first things in the TM says insert common screwdriver through housing into ring gear. (to hold the engine from turning) so you can remove the bolt on the crank pulley. The housing doesn’t have any opening to do this unless they mean to remove the starter first. I can insert a screwdriver in the cooling slots on the generator and stop the fan in there. But I can’t tell what that fan is made of. It might be made of fiberglass. I’m scared to put too much torque on that bolt if I’m only holding fiberglass. (The bolt appears to be very tight)

Can anyone confirm that the fan is steel or give me a trick to get this bolt off?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks