• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sealing Vinyl Cargo Cover

coyotegray

I have several vinyl cargo covers for trucks and trailers that are servicable but weep/drip water from the top. Has anyopne found something that will seal the vinyl covers and will stay flexable, not crack or yellow..?

Thanks,
Andy...

cbvet

I've tried to find the same info several times, with little success.
If you search for vinyl preservatives on the net you'll find several possibles, but nothing I'm sure of.
I've used Armor-All for a couple of years, but don't know if it really helps or not.

"Construimis, Batuimus"

cbvet

Guys,
It looks to me like Coyotegray is not trying to "repair" damaged tarps. For that I've found vinyl swimming pool repair stuff works well.
I think he's looking for a "waterproofer" or "preservative" that will seal & lengthen the life of vinyl covers.
Me too.

poof

Dirty Hippie
He is looking for the equelivant of Thompsons water sealer used on Wood decks and furniture.. A product that can be applyed to the cargo covers made fron vinyl. for RV protection and continued water repelling. you could look at Scotsgaurd lable .. but what PAPERCU suggested " boat store or a local marina". or call a canvas shop.
remove them when not in use is also an option, when new

tx399999

I took a gamble and ordered Awning Armor from a company called Winsol. They have several products for cleaning and restoring vinyl awnings. My Cover is worn to thread in several areas on the top of my cover. I repaired several split seams with shoe goo and put on two applications of the awning armor and it worked great. The cover is now smooth and soft like new and beads water right off. Water used to soak through, but now even the areas that are thread bare are water tight.

winsol\2052