• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Search feature errors?

BadMastard

If I do a search for my name "BadMastard" it will show a number of threads, including ones I have started or contributed to. It does NOT show all of them, only searching for key words on those threads will reveal them. So if I search for Wrangler, I see a thread I started, but not when I search for BadMastard. Something in error?

Jerry

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a few ways to search, depending on what your after.

In this case, if your looking for your own posts, you can click on your own name(or anyone elses) above your avatar. That will give you a drop down box. the you can select "Find more posts by xxxxx".

Or you can click on your name(or anyone elses) and chose"view public profile". Then you can select, "statistics". Then you can select "find all threads started by xxxx, or Find all posts by xxxx.

Or you can randomly search a user name, but that is the least successful way, if you need to find something in particular.

If you do an advanced search, chose one or two key words and know the author(and input that also), you will have the best results, usually.

davey8943

BadMastard,

I have had good luck with using google to search steelsoldiers. I do it like this:

"XXXXXX site:steelsoldiers.com"

This gives you a little bit more flexibility to preview the pages and flip through a dozen or so at a time.

That worked up until a couple weeks ago when the redirects started happening.... That may get fixed sometime though. :roll:

Dave

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BadMastard,

I have had good luck with using google to search steelsoldiers. I do it like this:

"XXXXXX site:steelsoldiers.com"

This gives you a little bit more flexibility to preview the pages and flip through a dozen or so at a time.

That worked up until a couple weeks ago when the redirects started happening.... That may get fixed sometime though. :roll:

Dave
The Google search is messed up and I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon. I have found out that if you copy the actual address in the Google search results and paste it in the address bar on your browser you won't get the redirect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks