• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Searching for Turn Buttons for Soft Top

mbeck12

Hi all,

I'm looking for some turn buttons to replace those that are missing that would secure the soft top to my M998.

I searched the site for Turn Buttons, and saw this thread, but it's for a different type of truck and part. I did ask the team at this site if they had any, or knew of a source.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to a good place online that would carry this replacement part. Posting the image below of what I'm looking for, which are the existing turn buttons. So far, the only turn buttons that I can find online with pop rivets is on Amazon and Walmart, but they do not look as substantial or original as I would like them to look like.

Thanks much!

4DE8EC55-957B-4BD4-BB9F-53461B5B36DB_1_105_c.jpeg

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welp, I might have found the part.

Erik from Erik’s Military and Industrial Surplus directed me to Kascar (www.Real4WD.com). Searching for Turn Buttons led me to this part, which looks like the one I need: https://real4wd.com/product/stud-turnbutton/

View attachment 898080
There is a good possibility the nose of your rivet tool of choice will not fit snugly against the turnbutton....... stack a few small washers on top of the revit before placing it in the tool. Works for me, my two cents.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey @Mogman, do you know the size of the rivet I'll need?
IIRC they are 1/8", I would use stainless so they don't end up looking like the ones in the video.
Remember when measuring for the grip range that you include the head unlike a "regular" rivet.
Something like this should work.

mbeck12

Much appreciated. I already ordered the Turn Buttons from Kascar, but good to know this option too. Much cheaper on Amazon :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks