• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat belt question

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll have to see if I can get you a pic. There is a small belt that goes from the back of the cab to the seat then the seat belt assy bolts right to the seat. I think I have a springer seat out in the yard to take pics of, if not I'll get some of the other truck.

sermis

Mine also has the seatbelt attached to the seat and then a short seatbelt strap from the seat to the cab behing the seat. There is also a sleve that goes through the cab support that the belt bolt goes through to keep from crushing the cab support.

sermis

Everty time I drive. Habbit. They work. Never know who will pull out in front of you. Most drivers are awe struck with the truck and just pull out looking at it. Also carry the kids and it is not an option. Never have had a problem with them not wanting to wear one.

FrankUSMC

I was wearing seatbelts in the jeep when I was hit head on back in January.......yes, I saw Elvis... but was not hurt that bad, just sore for a couple of weeks!
Score: 2 cars totaled
Jeep, $7000 dollars to fix
One of the few, Frank

chief76433

I helped load a lady on to Careflight this morning who wasn't wearing her seatbelt.I am desperate for the right seat belt set up.If anyboby has one for sale please let me know.

all the civi vehicles use the short belt mentioned above. short belt to cab floor. seat belt and the short belt both mount at the seat with the same bolt. this gives you your required seat belt and attaches the seat (with movment ) to the cab floor. the purpose of the short belt is to keep the seat from ripping out of the floor in a crash.

CGarbee

Re: RE: Seat belt question

chief76433 said:
My seat bounces up and down and that set up won't work.Thanks.
Well, it works just fine in both of my trucks.. Military installed them and they have the inertial real so that the tension is maintained even with the seat moving up and down... Things lock up tight if you decelerate rapidly (ie, hit something or are hit...). Mounts have the crush tubes in them so that the bolts don't distort the cab reinforcing chanels...

Didn't know about the other type with the short cable to the seat with the belts attached to the seat. Would love to see photos of that mount...

Has anybody run into a supplier of the three point belts as used on the M35A3's? I was looking at one the other day and I realize that it would take a bit to fabricate/find/install the massive plate and chanel reinforcment and attachement plate that goes between the seats and the rear cab wall, but it would be nice to have a three point setup instead of just lap belts... That steering wheel doesn't colapse...

Id also like to know of a source of the setup that I have, Saturn list them as out of stock on the website..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks