• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat Cover Doesn't Fit Worth a Darn

renovate7

I got in a seat cover from LMC for the bench seat in my 1008. It's one piece and doesn't fit worth a darn. Your supposed to use rope all the way around and tie them off onto, something. Says you can install it without removing the seat but that isn't possible. It's going back. Are there any 2 piece seat covers that fit well and install easily? Anyone use the OE style vinyl seat covers available on Ebay etc. that install like the originals with hog rings?

Crash_AF

Check this video out of how to put one of those cheap covers on in a pretty decent way. I don't like them personally, but Jeff's method seems to be pretty good if it's what you've got.

Check out part 1 and 2 from the series if you want to see the whole thing from the start. I never thought using Duct Tape on the seat would be a good idea, but his method isn't bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgiTuu-pAis

Later,
Joe

renovate7

Thanks for the video! I have the same type of 1 piece cloth cover except mine doesn't have the pocket on the top half that goes over the seat back. You are supposed to use string to tie every thing on. The instructions say you can install it without removing the seat, not possible. I'm going to drive to a local upholstery shop I've used before and see what they can do.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, your talking about a slip on cover, and not a recovering "kit"?

renovate7

Went to the local upholstery shop. He'll make all new in vinyl for $225. He did the seats in the DUKW for me so I know his work...Seats already pulled and sitting in his shop. Should be ready by Friday.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you please answer my question?

renovate7

What I got was the 1 piece cloth cover, part number 38-2348-bn. It had ropes tied to it all around the periphery. Your supposed to tie the ropes to something underneath to stretch it tight. I set it in place and it didn't look or fit real good. Also question the ability to fold the seat back forward with it stretched tight. Their vinyl reupholstery kit is $189, plus shipping. It "looks" OE but I have my doubts.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been considering buying the reupholstery kit.