• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat cover material

bozozimbo

I have been looking for some GI green material to recover my seats.
I just happened to ask a buddy of mine who is a surplus dealer if he had seen any. He mentioned that nam era shelter halves were the same material and they were extremely plentiful and better yet.....cheap.

I picked one up from him and did my drivers seat with it. The seat came out pretty good and the best part...the US that is in the middle of the side of the shelter half is dead center in my seat. It looks pretty cool.

Jimbo

bozozimbo

mangus580 said:
jimbo, how much did it cost you, and roughly how many yards of material do you figure you got from it?

There was enough material to do the drivers seat top and bottom.
I paid five bucks for the shelter half. It was brand new in the package.
They arent very expensive because there is no market for them from what my buddy tells me.

Jimbo

poppop

A buddy of mine bought 300 from GL out of Warner Robbins for 75 cents apiece. Quite a few were practically new with the majarity in good shape. On that sale they had thousands of them.

bozozimbo

rizzo said:
that is a cool way to do the seat!!!

I just finished with a full service ....fuel filters...oil and filters....lube.

Boy this being retired sh*t is tiring :eek:)

Jimbo