• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat covers for M1009

Hogg

Any of you M1009ers found a good fitting set of seat covers?? I bought a set of neoprene covers today from Cabelas, and they fit but were too loose and didnt have any draw strings to take up the slack... I've looked online and found several custom sets but the they cost a small fortune... Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

niferous

The seat covers from New Life Canvas are good. Make sure you ask seat covers and not the replacement covers. Also the Smittybilt GEAR seat covers work well. I bought the New Life complete re-upholstery kits but found out you smell like a canvas tent afterwords. So I bought the Smittybilt kits too. I will take some pics tomorrow.

Hogg

Ok thanks... My originals are in really good shape but down here in good ole SC Oklahoma, those vinyl puppies will roast your A** in a matter of a few seconds when its a 100*

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I must say I LOVE my Smittybilt GEAR seat covers. Molle attachments ALL over the place and they come with several different sized pouches. They are way kewl. And I know for a fact a least one SF unit uses them in all the trucks they drive with bucket seats in them. Sorry for the quality of the pix, but I had to downsize them severely to display them.

Smittybilt Gear seat cover

Here are a few pix of them on the seat in my M1009.

View attachment 189356

View attachment 189357

View attachment 189358

View attachment 189359

OH and I got them at the 'Truckfest' from a vendor there and they were on sale for $75. I also picked up a nice Smittybilt canvas bag and I also finally got a 30 ft 10 ton nylon tow strap, plus a tow strap to wrap around a tree, etc plus I got a couple of freebie water bladders (ala Camelback, though not that brand) and they were covered in tan and have molle attachments all over that sucker.

SO if there is a 'Truckfest' any where near you, attend it. Hopefully you will not be disappointed. I think they actually CHARGE you to enter, but give you discount coupons that supposedly make up for the $5 - $10...

Last edited:

niferous

Here is mine. The seat upholstery is from New Life Canvas and the seat covers are the Smittybilt GEAR Seat Covers. The only complaint I have on the GEAR covers is that the velcro straps are a little too long and will need to be shortened a little. Also you can see that the bottom where the top portion meets the botom of the seat the cover wants to come up a bit. I found a cheap green bungee cord and that did the trick. I still need to do the other seats but haven't had time and nobody rides with me in this thing anyhow!

Attachments

Hogg

Thanks for the info and the pics guys, I appreciate it... Niferous, what kind of center console is that you have in your truck?

niferous

Ha you like that huh!? It's the cheap kind buddy. But it fits the truck. It's a 30 mm ammo can that I modified to fit. The hardest part was building the base and to be honest I need to re-do it. For the cushion I just got some OD green extra canvas from New Life Canvas and some particle board. I cut out a little carpet cushion and made the padding then covered it with the OD green canvas. I then screwed it to the top of the can. The radio is a marine unit and is mounted to the top of the can so I didn't have to cut the dash any. It has a cover for storage when in a boat and I painted that CARC green. So when I put the cover on it's barely noticeable.

rjinga

I don't know if you're still looking for seat covers, but I got these at Pep Boys for about $20.00 each. They have a drawstring adjustment for the back of the seat. You can't see them (I need to take a photo), but there are zipper and velcro pouches on the back and sides too.

Attachments

combatmech

I have the Smitty covers as well. When I put my new seats in ( From a 2004 S-10 Blazer ) I had to mod them a little. Other than that.... awesome seat covers.[thumbzup]

Woodsman

Here's a link to some I found recently. I have not tried them yet since I'm still waiting on some things to fall into place. Personally, I don't see the need for PALS webbing, however, a back pouch would be nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks