• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat covers

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All-

Just like the majority of our older seats, mine were in poor shape when I bought my truck. The passenger seat was faded from green to blue and ripped and the driver seat was... abused.... no big deal to me.

I am using State Farm for my insurance and it was recommended by my agent that I recover my seats before she sent the pictures to the classic vehicle underwriter.

I looked up seat covers from several vendors and the average going price was between $200-$250 and a 6 week- 9 week lead time depending on the vendor.

I told my girlfriend about it and she took a look and said "let me see what I can do". We went to a local craft store, bought a bolt of fabric for... I want to say $25.00 after a coupon and tax.... Monday the 22nd I pulled the seat from the truck and she started the project Wednesday the 24th, the day I went offshore. This morning, she sent me the pics I insisted she take during the process.... she **also** reinstalled the seat by herself, finding all the parts etc I had put in places **I** knew where they were, but she didn't. She also works as a nurse full time, so this was done between shifts...

I think she did an OUTSTANDING job and I couldn't be prouder!

Here are the before, during and after pics....

20201205_122316.jpg

received_770427783877997.jpeg

received_470926500731339.jpegreceived_276924133823246.jpegreceived_268505281501557.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
All-

Just like the majority of our older seats, mine were in poor shape when I bought my truck. The passenger seat was faded from green to blue and ripped and the driver seat was... abused.... no big deal to me.

I am using State Farm for my insurance and it was recommended by my agent that I recover my seats before she sent the pictures to the classic vehicle underwriter.

I looked up seat covers from several vendors and the average going price was between $200-$250 and a 6 week- 9 week lead time depending on the vendor.

I told my girlfriend about it and she took a look and said "let me see what I can do". We went to a local craft store, bought a bolt of fabric for... I want to say $25.00 after a coupon and tax.... Monday the 22nd I pulled the seat from the truck and she started the project Wednesday the 24th, the day I went offshore. This morning, she sent me the pics I insisted she take during the process.... she **also** reinstalled the seat by herself, finding all the parts etc I had put in places **I** knew where they were, but she didn't. She also works as a nurse full time, so this was done between shifts...

I think she did an OUTSTANDING job and I couldn't be prouder!

Here are the before, during and after pics....

View attachment 827059

View attachment 827060

View attachment 827064View attachment 827062View attachment 827063
Not only a great job like gem1410 mentioned - but how she just did it!

Grab that woman and hang on to her! I am definitely impressed. Not just that she did the sewing, but then she installed the finished seats in the truck... Wow. Nice job on the sewing and installation and you have pictures to boot! It definitely looks like a pair of classic vehicle seats to me :cool:

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with all of you. Excellent work! I also agree with Mullaney, you've got yourself a "keeper". Very impressive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks