• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat options?

Dixon77

After over a month and 1200miles on the beat up spring seat, I needed a change. I went to Pull-A-Part and got a really nice set of Trailblazer seats with the integrated seatbelts (mainly for the wife). Fab'd up mounts and mounted them in. Look great, comfortable as hell, and unusable for me. Sits basically the same but the bottom is WAAAY to close to the pedals so it's uncomfortable as hell to drive.
Im building my M109 for a cross country/South America run next year and need seats. Either that or start fresh and buy a M1078.
What have you used?

Attachments

ToddJK

I've seen a few threads on here where guys were able to retrofit an air ride or commercial spring seat in their deuce. I'm okay with the spring seat, but I'd like more leg room so I had the thought of removing the back, making a new one with thinner foam to give me an extra inch or two. There are some good gel seat cushions you can add and using a canvas seat cover, either home made or bought, which pre made ones are convenient but convenience costs $$.
Another option is to keep the blazer seat base and remove the back off of it and use.the back from a different seat that's thinner, then you can mount the whole seat back further for better leg room 🤷

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could look into another military seat. Many of them have a piston shock - most of the old seats need a new one installed. I guess it depends on how much comfort you're looking for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks